Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Help Please

Old 01-26-2008, 11:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: uhm..... N/A

Ok so this is driving me nuts... some days I go out get in my 2000 tiburon 5 speed push down the clutch and turn the key to no avail it wont start so I turn the key to the off position and then turn it back on to start it and avast it starts, some times after hitting the clutch a few times like the clutch safty switch wasnt engaging. Well today I got stuck at the bank and the car wouldnt start good thing the clutch safty switch is a Dealer only Item so I bought a toggle switch and some red wire. Jimmy rigged that up and again with the no starting. Push started it got it home then went outside about 10 minutes later turned the key and the car starts right up. So im installing a push button starter. What else could be my problem? Im already looking up wireing diagrams off hmaservice to get the switch wired in. I really dont think its the starter I have never seen one not work and then after a hour or two work again after they die... Im thinking it has to be something electrical somewhere. Anyy knowledge you all have to spare would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:30 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Ever hear of the concept of "paragraph"?

The enter button is your friend.
Old 01-27-2008, 01:03 PM

weak battery?
Old 01-27-2008, 01:11 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Loose battery terminal is the usual culprate. It forms a layer of oxidation and then won't start sometimes. Driving it can either make it better or worse, so it's kinda random.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:19 PM

Vehicle: uhm..... N/A

Its not that its like when you turn the key when you dont press down the clutch Oh well the problem is solved now the clutch safty switch was bad when pressed in with the continuity checker attached nothing... Cut the plug off and ran the clutch safty switch to a toggle under the dash and found a lose wire attached in pin number 2 off the ignittion switch so that is now run to a push button starter cause the key switched are obviously impossible to remove without a special tool.....

I know th enter key is my friend. I just chose not to use it most of the time. Atleast everything isnt in the form of a giant run-on sentance I hate that. Cause you are reading and eventually like Jesus does this guy ever stop to breath?!