Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

HELP!!!! changing clutch tranny stuck NEED HELP ASAP!!!!!!!!

Old 11-17-2004, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: my car broke down (again)

hey i just recieved my act stage 3 4puck clutch today... and i proceeded to drop my tranny... GOT EVERYTHING i need disconnected... but for some reason the tranny is STUCK to the engine (flywheel) the whole entire tranny is lose it can spin completely but for some reason it just won't pull off... it's pulled about 1/2 inch away from the engine... but won't go any further... feels like something is stuck inside... can someone help or point me in the right direction?
Old 11-17-2004, 04:50 PM

Default Re: REDZMAN OWENZ JOO!!!

Did you remove the clutch lever on the tranny, the lever that the slave cylinder connects to, you have to remove it so the throwout bearing can come off of the fork. Just take the nut off and pull the lever off and the tranny will slip right off.
Old 11-17-2004, 05:12 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon
Default Re: Problems. . .

this is the bolt maxtibs is talking about, its in red, and the lever is in blue.

that has to be the problem, you could rip the tranny out with this still on, but it will rip the throwout bearing out of the clutch and ruin it

Old 11-18-2004, 07:06 AM

Vehicle: 1998 Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default Re: BEST DAMN TIRES AROUND!!!!

I forgot to do that when I did mine, luckily my throwout bearing was in 4 peices previously. make sure you have that tranny supported when you do it, it's heavier and more awkward then one might initially think.
Old 11-18-2004, 09:32 AM

Default Re: RPM Drop problem

just FYI the reason this is important to US is because our clutch is a pull-type and not a push type
Old 11-18-2004, 09:35 AM

Default Re: HELP!!!! changing clutch tranny stuck NEED HELP ASAP!!!!

sweet worked like a champ... didn't even have to take of the nut or the fork.. just use some force to turn it... and off came my tranny.... except my boy dropped my pressure plate when he brought it outside... so now i gotta called hyundai for a new pressure plate.... it'll be here in a couple hours... so i'ma swap out the broken part on my act pressure plate for the new parts on the new pressure plate.
Old 03-20-2005, 04:26 PM