Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Heater On, Ignition Fuse Blows

Old 08-23-2007, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997/Hyundai/Tiburon RD1

I've been having a problem with my 97 tib guys and gals hope someone can point me in the right direction. I've been back and forth to mechanics and they can't seem to pinpoint the problem.

All I know is when I turn on my heater occasionally my ignition fuse seems to blow and then the car won't turn over. I used to keep about five ignition fuses with me at all times but got a little tired spending all that money to change them out every so often.

Sometimes when I used to let my car heat up in the driveway then get ready to leave I'd get a little ways down the road and the car would start to idle and sputter real bad. Sucks major when your on your way to work.

I pulled the heater fuse and haven't burnt out a ignition fuse since, anyone have any ideas whats going on and what might need replacing?
Old 08-23-2007, 03:07 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

probly blower motor... This is not a problem to be troubleshot online. You need a multimeter and someone with tehcnical skills.