Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Heat wrap

Old 07-28-2002, 12:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes you should wet the heat wrap. Random always test fits dry (heat wrap) and then cuts the wrap to size and then you wet the heat wrap so that it conforms to your CAI. It always winds up being a little longer after you wet the wrap, it has to do with the bends.

It does keep it cool, and if you ever decide to do anything like drag racing you can wet down the heat wrap to keep your intake cooler. Random's intake stays close to the outside temperature.

Good luck.
Old 07-28-2002, 08:13 PM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

Thanks for the help guys. I guess all there is now is to wait for the stuff to get here so I can put it all together.
Old 07-29-2002, 01:11 AM

I just heat wrapped my RS CAI this weekend and it makes a noticeable difference. Not as much delay when I step on the pedal.

I got the heat wrap from JCWhitney.
Old 07-29-2002, 02:43 AM

Bringrice:
Aah, what about those Weapon-R Cold Air boxes, couldnt you just run your CAI through one of those and have the same effect of a heatwrap for a lower price?
SAY NO TO WEAPON R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not only does weapon R suck supreme monstrous donkey ballz.... that cold air box sucks too... You forget... that box might keep heat out, but it willl also keep heat in. Eventually after a long drive, that box will get hot, hot box-hot air-hot intake..... thank you welcome to weapon R
lol
Dam im a sarcastic as ***** today
tongue.gif

heat wrap kicks ass

At the track spray it with some icy water to even FURTHER DROP the temps.... wink
Old 07-29-2002, 03:10 AM

Vehicle: 02 Elantra

You can get black heat wrap here along with the regular style. I believe the price is a little less than JCwhitney

http://www.bakerprecision.com/longacr51.htm