Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

head porting info... ?

Old 02-12-2003, 12:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default head porting info... ?

I was wondering if anyone on the forum has their beta 1 or 2 head ported.. and if so, what changes did you notice as a result.. what power gains should i expect with the stock ecu vs an aftermarket computer and dyno tuning?

also, just as a reference, what other mods did you have done to the car along with the porting job...

and also, what other mods are recommended to do along with the ported head to maximize the n/a power output ?

[ February 12, 2003, 07:57 AM: Message edited by: FordFasteRR ]
Old 02-12-2003, 01:47 AM

Results from porting

Some info on ecu tuning (safc) gains.
Old 02-12-2003, 10:32 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

The only 2 people I know to have had it done, and done dyno's were Red and Cysc00. Red didn't have a dyno done before hand, and the dyno after was done on 3.5 Cylinders. Cysc00 did do a before and after dyno, but also had other mods, but did not have the advantage of S-AFC tuning.

The general concenus is that the Beta head sux rox, and that port work just doesn't show significant gains unless you've gone crazy with mods, and/or done some form of ECU trickery(safc) or tuning (stand-alone).

Jaws021 is having a head done, and we are going to do before and after dyno runs, in addition to S-AFC tuning before and after so we can finally quantify the gains from head work, and from the SAFC. This won't be done for another 2 months.
Old 02-13-2003, 05:38 AM

I still have my Dyno sheets from before and after of my Head work lying around somewhere
I will see if i can find it?
I had it done 3 years ago when i had my Auto tranny with just a Homemade CAI and exhaust installed
I iwll upload them? smile.gif
Old 02-13-2003, 05:41 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Rob- Plz email them to me, and I'll add them to the collection and post them up here.

I guess you are the third person then!
Old 02-13-2003, 06:26 AM
Jon

Is this a recommended mod with the turbo. I have never thought about it before as i was still N/A and around when the other topic was started so i knew it wasnt worth it at that time. I have just forgot about it since because i seem to remember that the size if the ports on our cars was more like a turbo setup anyway.
Old 02-13-2003, 07:21 AM

Random:
Rob- Plz email them to me, and I'll add them to the collection and post them up here.

Tony not a problem at all smile.gif
I will see if i can find my old Dyno runs and post them by this weekend smile.gif smile.gif
Old 02-13-2003, 07:21 AM

Random:

Tony not a problem at all smile.gif
I will see if i can find my old Dyno runs and post them by this weekend smile.gif smile.gif