Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Having coolant issues.Need some help

Old 12-15-2010, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 Tiburon Beta
Default Having coolant issues.Need some help

I have a 2004 tiburon beta & my coolant in the radiator seems to be low every day. The reservoir coolant doesn't seem to be going into the radiator because it stays full. I checked if the hose from the reservoir is clogged, but its not. Also when the coolant started to leak a little bit out of the radiator cap, I changed the cap. It seems to build a little pressure, but it doesn't overheat. I think its either the thermostat or the radiator, but I haven't replace them yet. Any help would be appreciated.Thanks
Old 12-15-2010, 09:08 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Did you change the rad cap with an OEM one or an auto-parts store one? Sometimes the non-OEM ones don't fit perfectly. Your symptoms sound like a bad cap.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:28 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

If the overflow tank is completely full, it's working and you're spewing coolant on the road.

If the radiator is low every day, you are losing coolant. Carefully check all the lines and especially the fittings for wetness and crusty residue build-up.

If it's not leaking out, it's leaking in. Drain some oil and see if it's good, and have a close look and smell at your exhaust pipe; could be (almost-worst case) a bad head gasket.