Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Has anyone thought this???

Old 08-25-2002, 06:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone thought this???

I know that you guys don't like the electric turbos or e-rams.But this is an idea that will work betteer than them. it consists on putting a power inverter on your cigarrette lighter and attach one of these blowers on the air duct.

It is sick, but certainly will work better than those e-rams!

Please post your opinions
Peace out!!

*this is only a test of your ingeniality*
Old 08-25-2002, 06:47 AM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

It smells Uncle Ben from far away...
Old 08-25-2002, 07:20 AM
QS

Yea, that'd be some serious ram air. tongue.gif
Old 08-25-2002, 11:42 AM

just tell me how to hook it up and i'd put it on my car.......
Old 08-25-2002, 11:01 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

That'd be really LOUD though, even if it did work. You'd be driving around with your car making all this blower noise.
Also, I think you'd have to either wire in a switch so you could turn it on or off or rig it so it would switch on/off at a certain throttle position or something... otherwise, at idle, the thing would still be pumping all kinds of air into the engine and would probably make it idle at like 1500 rpm...
...all assuming, of course, that the idea would work at all. rolleyes.gif tongue.gif eek!
Old 08-25-2002, 11:09 PM

I'm sure you could chop it down so the whole unit isn't quite so large, for example cut off that handle and so on and so forth. I guess if I was to take out the entire intake setup on my Accent, that blower would sit right where my air filter box is situated right now. It would be wise to put a heat shield around it for obvious reasons. But you'll have to be more specific... Are you going to splice it into your exsisting intake pipe? Or is this unit going to be your entire intake? Probably the first one. It would be a challenge trying to get pipes connected, since you'd need a 'Y', and don't know how easy they are to get a hold of... Probably a local hardware store would carry that, and coincedentally, that is also where you'd pick up that blower. Now, all you need is that blower to suck in cold air, so it dispells cold air...
Old 08-25-2002, 11:17 PM

No offense dude, but that would be the biggest waste of time ever. It's been discussed and basically, you would need a HUGE electric motor, bigger than that one, to really see any significant gains.
Old 08-26-2002, 12:18 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

Hey Gary... what will it take for you to achieve 100 per cent rice status? tongue.gif
I notice it didn't take you long to graduate from 90 per cent to 99.9 percent tongue.gif wink
Did you get your muffler yet? Or is that the reason for the change?

[ August 26, 2002, 07:19 AM: Message edited by: stickshift ]
Old 08-26-2002, 12:30 AM

stickshift:
Hey Gary... what will it take for you to achieve 100 per cent rice status? :p
I notice it didn't take you long to graduate from 90 per cent to 99.9 percent tongue.gif wink
Did you get your muffler yet? Or is that the reason for the change?
Well I figured since I have the hi-flow filter, I'm not 100% rice, so therefore 99.9 should be fine. I was informed by some people in my local area that really I was more than 90% rice, close to 100% really. smile.gif

I don't have the exhaust yet, and due to a new job on the horizon which would require me moving out and buying my own house, it probably won't happen in the near future.