Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Handbrake Light

Old 10-10-2008, 04:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

My soul has been imprisoned with multiple problems. I love this car, but I would love to see it drop off a cliff.

My handbrake light comes on when the car is under load (speeding up), goes back off when release gas.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:37 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Fluid level full? When you accelerate it could tip towards the back and not be covering the sensor.

Unplug the connector by the e-brake and see if it changes. And check wiring at the sensor in the master cylinder.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:04 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

ok, i seem to find out more and more about these tibs everyday. now where the hell is the E-brake light fluid cannister?
Old 10-10-2008, 05:08 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Im just talking about the master cylinder for the brakes. That light should come on when fluid is low or ebrake is on.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:24 PM

wow, i totally didn't expect that answer. thanks ericy, you're always so helpful.

i hope my kids don't have obd fault code detection crap system. i'd have to take the whole car apart to bits to find these things out. i need to be like you, if one tiburon doesn't work, use the other 3 haha.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Brake light on is almost always low fluid. Low fluid is caused by worn pads or a leak. 90% of the time, it's worn pads. Check your brake pads.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:01 PM

*update.

thanks for the help all. it turned out to be a broken left handbrake cable! its been there since i bought the car. i've since ordered a new one.
Old 01-31-2009, 09:28 PM

thats crazy my automatic tib has the same problem, the ebrake like come on when accelerating but i put fluid constantly on the reservoir....i might have a leak 02.gif
Old 02-01-2009, 02:03 AM

i blew one of the stainless braided lines in my dad's elantra. they were there from the first owner. when they say it's hazardous to have stainless braided lines without the protective plastic coating they really do mean it! so some stone hit the braids and they became torn and uneven. there was something in the middle of the highway and i slammed on the brakes while turning--popped my right line. all the brake fluid exploded. the hole was pin size but i had to get a whole brake job done.

surely the ebrake cable came on every time i accelerated as well. the fluid might have air bubbles and may need to be bled, or your ebake cable is loose or stuck. since you mentioned the reservoir i would say it directly has to do with that. my guess is they simply have to be bled. i also read that adding brake fluid is a big no-no. it all has to be the same batch, and bled at the same time. the bleeding process is a hefty task. i've never done it because it's the most important part on a car.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:32 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

Bleeding is pretty simple, just takes some time if you've never done it before.
You're probably right about adding fluid, but I've added different brands of fluid to both the brake and clutch system and never had a problem myself, as long as it's DOT-4. In your findings what was the problem with mixing fluids?