Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

GT cam/Tuneup/timing etc etc

Old 04-10-2002, 03:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GT cam/Tuneup/timing etc etc

Ok I just got my GT cam in the mail today and i'm waiting on some journal-cam bolts before I attempt to break my engine. but my question is, should I have my timming checked or get a engine tuneup(isn't it the same thing?) before or after I install the cams. I'm taking my tib to the import wars on friday, so this all has to be done 2morrow! thankx guys!

ps. Is it alright to take my car to the track the day after I install my cams? or do they need 2000miles breakin period or something. thankx!
Old 04-10-2002, 05:29 AM

You're only changing the intake cam. If installed right you don't need to mess with the timing or anything. It's a simple install. Just take the old one out and put the new one in.
Old 04-11-2002, 07:54 AM

as inobird said BUT I strongly advise that you install it after import wars, and give it a week or 2 to settle beofre you go racing, this also allows time for the ecu to remap etc. It's just the safe thing to do.
Old 04-11-2002, 01:54 PM

Brendan:
as inobird said BUT I strongly advise that you install it after import wars, and give it a week or 2 to settle beofre you go racing, this also allows time for the ecu to remap etc. It's just the safe thing to do.
I also agree..let it break in for a week or so...I was SO afraid to get on it for the first few days...