Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Grounding Kits = more power????

Old 03-19-2003, 12:09 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Grounding Kits = more power????

Does this actually work???

I know you probably won't get gobs of power, but do they actually give something?
Old 03-19-2003, 12:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

search...its been covered lots and lots.

Drew
Old 03-19-2003, 12:43 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

*lol* How funny. I never thought I would hear someone tell me to search. lol lol

But I did do a search and I didn't find anything about the Pivot systems. tongue.gif
Old 03-19-2003, 12:52 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

do a search on "ground". It has been covered.

They "can" show gains of up to 5-8 WHP on some cars, but I think 0-4 WHP is a more accurate expectation.

Some of the 'side' effects of a decent grounding system would be smoother idle, better running electrical system, and longer electrical component life (including headlight bulbs).

Ever install/writeup where I have seen them claim a "gain" in HP, they have stated that they had to try several different mount points for the system to get the max HP gain. Some have even stated that they got no "gain" in some configurations. Since you/I don't have a dyno at our disposal to test/try differnt mount points, 0-4 WHP is a "reasonable" expectation.

Also, you can build this kit yourself using 8, 4 or 2 gauge power wire for MUCH less money and also get the ability to "customize" the kit's colors based off what color wire you buy.

[ March 19, 2003, 07:54 AM: Message edited by: Random ]
Old 03-19-2003, 11:34 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai tiburon

Hey check out the new 350Z boards....they totally support this.

350Z

[ March 19, 2003, 06:42 PM: Message edited by: redturbulance ]
Old 03-19-2003, 10:31 PM

has anyone written a DIY on this area? i read before that improving the grounding can help.

id like to try it out.... smile.gif
Old 03-20-2003, 07:22 AM

a DYI yeah...

go get some 4 gauge wire; your choice in color. while your at the store get some insulated ring terminals for 4 gauge wire. for a hyundai you probably want some 10mm diameter and 6mm ID. of course you could also plan out the spots you plan to ground and get terminals that fit those particular bolts...
just ground your engine block; twice if you feel ambitious but once near the spark coils. ground your tranny as well and then from your negative battery terminal to the frame and youre set!

re-ground your ECU!!

re-route power and ground wires to your stereo for better quality!!!

you can never have too good or too many grounds; if one fails the other will still work. it just puts more wires around your engine bay.
Old 03-20-2003, 07:58 AM

I grounded the COILS mainly.

And I grounded the firewall..

Hyundai runs a stock ground to the intake manifold and one to the chassis, right near the driver side head light.

I grounded the firewall since its the easiest way to ground the inside support bar. were the ECU gets its grounding from.

I have a few other spots in mind.
Old 03-20-2003, 08:10 AM

shadohh,

Did you notice any difference after doing this? I just purchased the supplies and am going to do it this weekend.

Was it worth it?

thanks,
Andrew
Old 03-21-2003, 01:47 AM

Hey Guys!....just a little point which might get overlooked here. When you carry out this ground-bonding mod. as I have just done, in most cases it`s going to be hard to judge the improvement, because by disconnecting the battery negative terminal , you`ve effectively re-set your ECU....(don`t forget to drive like Shuey for 30 mins.on re-connection to get the improved fuelling/timing curves).
Only peeps who re-set regularly will know if the bonding makes any difference, because most guys will just be amazed at the improvement their first re-set from the factory settings will make anyway!.