Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Grinding During Shifting

Old 11-01-2006, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Meh. Synchros are probably something you shouldn't touch if you've never done it before.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:01 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Heh, but if that's the case how would anyone learn how?

How would the difficulty compare to a clutch replacement? I'm confident in my ability to do that, since I've watched and assisted with the whole process on a late-90's Cavalier, so if it's similar...
Old 11-03-2006, 10:26 PM
MKE

what part of aug. did you get it in, and what are your states lemon laws (if you bought it from a dealership w/o a warranty)

i had this same issue, and ended up getting the entire tranny replaced through the dealership, search for my posts, i dont have that many so it shouldnt be that hard to find.

as for having you replace them yourself- i would not recommend it. i'm sure you could, i was in the exact same situation as you, and was thinking about doing it myself- but ended up getting it redone by the place i bought it from.

one thing that i didnt see suggested while quickly glancing through the posts, is changing your transmission fluid w/ the penzoil syncro mesh stuff.

there's also a couple videos floating around on google video on taking apart a hyundai manual transmission. i'm sure that would be all you need to diy it, but for the price of new syncros/parts, just find a used tranny on ebay/junkyard.
Old 11-05-2006, 04:33 PM

your clutch isn't to bad to replace yourself, for the syncros i wouldn't bother doing it without a little backround in R&R , just following the video step by step isn't going to help. Theres more involved with the process