Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Good Cat-back exhaust with a high flo cat converter please

Old 09-30-2001, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Originally posted by HondaEater:
Hey Random, the pacesetter doesn't fit a 98 Tib correctly. It has the wrong flange (two bolt pattern), wrong bend at where it would be bolted on, and was at least a foot too short. Just giving you a heads up. HondaEater PS just ate a Prelude with a H22 swap today

Strange...I have a 2 bold flange on all my exhaust parts. Do you have a 3 bolt flange? Where? Which connection?
Old 09-30-2001, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On the 98 there is a three bolt pattern. After being a little upset, I called pacesetter and they said that the 98 was the only year that the Tiburon used that pattern. They said that they forgot to exclude that year from their advertisements and woud do so in the future.
Old 09-30-2001, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai tiburon

naw .... the mbrp exhaust does fit .... but only not on cars with cali emissions... (2 cat converters)...cali ...always gotta b different

Does this mean a car with 2 cats is a cali car because i live in montana and purchased my car 2001 tiburon package 5 in seattle...i have two cats one past the headers and the other a bit further.

Random please help....i was going to buy the mbrp exhaust but does this cause a problem now

Thanks
Old 10-01-2001, 12:07 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Originally posted by redturbulance:
Does this mean a car with 2 cats is a cali car because i live in montana and purchased my car 2001 tiburon package 5 in seattle...i have two cats one past the headers and the other a bit further.

Random please help....i was going to buy the mbrp exhaust but does this cause a problem now

Thanks

It should state on your original sticker if you have the "California Emissions package"

Keep in mind, on a "Normal" tiburon there are 4 alterations in the tail pipe. The first is the cat. It is mounted up front attached to the header. The 1st o2 sensor is BEFORE the cat. Then is the "flex" pipe, then a "pre Muffler", then a "Resonator/restrictor"

Ona "California" Tiburon, there are 5 Alterations in the tail pipe. The first is the cat. It is mounted up front attached to the header. The 1st o2 sensor is BEFORE the cat. Then is the "flex" pipe, then a "pre Muffler", then a "Resonator/restrictor", then another cat. Cats are easy to identify as they have 6 "sides" to them, where as the resonator is completely round, and the "premuffler" looks like a baby 10" muffler.