Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Gates belts

Old 09-07-2002, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gates belts

I just installed my unorthodox racing underdrive pulley. Had my friend pick up the belts that I had ordered from the parts store, but they gave him an OEM A/C belt which wouldn't fit. Well i'ma just return it and for the mean while I don't got a/c but i don't mine, it's almost autumn and the inscrease in power is phat. But anyways, is there anywhere online I can order the Gates brand belts? I'd like to use those cuz it's what Unorthodox Racing recommends and would like to buy em online. Thanx.
Old 09-07-2002, 07:32 PM

Call a few of your local parts stores. Gates are pretty common belts and you should be able to get them easily. Try NAPA also, they can get just about anything you would need.
Old 09-07-2002, 11:32 PM

Who said you cant install an OEM belt for the pulley?
I have had mine my pulley installed for over 3 yeras with an OEM belt! smile.gif
Old 09-08-2002, 07:55 AM

I've noticed belts which are supposed to cross reference from brand to brand have a tendency to vary in overall length. My new S/C belt was so much smaller than the previous one I had to remove the tensioner completly for it to fit without being too tight.
Old 09-08-2002, 12:23 PM

The belts wouldn't fit, they were way too big. Me and the guy that does a lot of the work to my car couldn't get them to fit. I actually remember you, 2Uniq, saying that they would work, thats why I figured they would work. I'll have to get me the belts and hook it all up,thanx.
Old 09-09-2002, 01:42 PM

Vehicle: 2K Accent

I don't get it. What is so hard about driving your car to a parts store tell them your problem and try different belts in the parking lot?
Old 09-09-2002, 02:10 PM

Work is my problem, i live in bumf**k pennsylvania where the nearest part store is 15 minutes away and closes at 8pm usually when i'm either just leaving work or still on my shift. I had my pulley sittin in my house for 2 or 3 weeks waitin to get installed. Buying them online for me is more convenient.
Old 09-09-2002, 02:20 PM

That could be a problem. In Fort Worth theres a parts store on every corner. I've never lived in the country. It must suck. frown

[ September 09, 2002, 09:21 PM: Message edited by: mohead ]
Old 09-09-2002, 02:34 PM

Yea it sux big time. I've basically put a body kit or lowering my car out of the question until i'm out of college and move back to Ny. The neighborhood i live in is dirt roads, but even worse, poorly maintained dirt roads. Never come out of 2nd gear and the max i ever get in my neighborhood is 20 if that. Car can't stay clean, engine bay can't stay clean. It's not really country out here, but it's more of a suburb now as of recent years. A lot of new yorkers (myself and fam being one of them) and new jersey-ians moving up it's become more developed. Nice place to live just not for your car. In the area there are maybe like 4 auto stores that i can think of, i dont' count wal-mart or k-mart, lol. The best one being 20 minutes away. Thats why online is just better for me, don't gotta worry bout it not being in stock, and some part stores don't stock any hyundai parts. Now i'm just ranting so i'ma shut up. LOL
Old 09-09-2002, 02:46 PM

Good luck with the belt. Keep up the faith. Don't get down about lack of parts. Thats what the web is for. Peace tongue.gif