Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Fuel Pressure Concerns

Old 08-07-2006, 02:33 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Two 97 RD Tibs and 2010 Genesis Coupe

Funny thing happens everytime i have a FPR hooked up...
I have gone through different name brands from BEGI to AEM and Now Aeromotive 1:1 ratio....
Funny thing is after about 1 month after i had a FPR hooked up the Fuel pressure at idle will never stay steady.
For examaple i ususally keep Fuel pressure at 43psi with vacum line connected and by day it slowly rises up in Fuel pressure and sometimes 50psi at idle upon start up..
I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY sad.gif
I have always thoughts its a faultly FPR but who knows.
I have a walboro High pressure 255 1ph pump installed for years with all my FPR i have installed and also changed the fuel pump to the same one and still same problem
I have had the Aeromotive for 2 years now and the same problems always occur with Fuel pressure rising..
I even tightened the nut as TIGHT as i can and still same problem..

NOW lets say Fuel pressure is set at 43psi with line connected ad then one day it risees to 48 psi.I actaully turn the fuel pressure down with the allen key and now its set back to 43psi does it actually screw up.
What i mean is the other day i originally had it at 43psi and then cranking it down from 48psi to its original 43psi does it mean its really NOT 43psi but lower?

Any help would be great fing02.gif
Old 08-08-2006, 12:25 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i kinda had this same problem for a while. i dont understand it, cuz i didnt mess with the stock fuel system besides the pump, and fpr.. sometimes mine would go lower, so it would be idling and driving fine, but not be high enough under boost causing a lil lean condition. i messed with it a bit, and it seems to be fine now.. i will check it today, go for a run, and check again see if it changes..