Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

A Few Question On Some Soon To Be Buys

Old 03-03-2007, 11:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

dont feel bad my header took 2 days due to fitment issues with SSAC. and not only that but i broke my power steering pump too.....dont even ask how i did that one. owned.gif
Old 03-04-2007, 09:36 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

If you have a second cat, it should bolt directly up. If you dont have two cats (only one in front of the engine) it will be too short. First I bought my SSA exhaust and it was too long for the stock flex pipe so I had to buy a catco cat and header for it to all fit together. They must have designed all the exhaust systems and headers on tib with two cats.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:56 PM

sry for offtopic
optimoprime lol man mine power steering pump went bad too lol right after i started up the car to get out of the shop bay lol
i know why is that happend lol i unbolt bracket and let it lay on coolant reservoir with belt on lol after i bolt up my headers i was so exited to test it so i forgot bout pump loland started car next think i hear is my friend screams TURN IT OFF lol well at the end i flushed old ps fluid put new one it was screaming for a couple mins than went away so i hope mine's still good
Old 03-05-2007, 05:10 AM

the reason alot of times those headers are either too long, or too short is that there are like 3 different exhaust set ups on the tibs. they can only cover one of them, not all three, so its a hit and miss sort of thing. i had to build a extension on my 1.8 manifold. was extremely easy though.