Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Few Parts, Need Some Help Figurin Out What They Are

Old 03-28-2010, 09:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

ok, so while we were pullin apart the sensors so we could pull the engine, my dad and I noticed a couple things.

First, this sensor was hooked up to my intake manifold, with a hose running to my CAI. Any idea what it is? I'm guessing it's ruined, as when I waterlocked my engine, water shot up into the sensor, and when we tilted it, water was pouring out of it.

Second, this sensor, the adapter part was full of some kind of liquid, im guessing water, and is on the back of the bellhouse, as shown here:

ths is a closer picture, although it's a bit blurry

Does anybody know what these are? and if so, will they for sure need to be replaced/where can I find em?
Old 03-28-2010, 09:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

The first is the Idle Air Control/Bypass valve, which lets your engine idle with a closed throttle plate. It may be fine, the test is to see how she runs with it plugged in/unplugged electrically. The second is the speedometer. On mine, that's just a straight cable-spinning speedo output, but in later years there may be an electrical thingummy in there as well. If it's just the speedo cable drive, you should be fine unless the seal is bad.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Alright, thanks for the quick response!