Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

factory defects

Old 10-24-2004, 09:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 1st gen hi-shark wing

my 2000 tib has a few problems. most of all my horn will not work and my car makes so screwed up sounds when i cut to the right and gets quite when i turn to the left. my tires have been balanced, rotated, and had the air pressure ajusted, but nothing. i have had my car looked at by a few garages and most of them are blaming the factory
Old 10-24-2004, 09:18 PM

Default Re: New Rotors Paint on

You probably need to replace your horn(s). First, check your horn fuse to make sure it's not that. As far as your noises when you turn, it could be that you need to replace your struts. How many miles do you have?
Old 10-24-2004, 09:27 PM

Default Re: 1st gen hi-shark wing

QUOTE (mega_ender)
i have had my car looked at by a few garages and most of them are blaming the factory

Then I suggest you go to a different garage.
:roll:

First off....
Is the car used? - Do you know the history?
Has it ever been in an accident?

Get your struts and springs checked out.
What kinda "screwed up sounds"?

Blind guess in the dark, sounds like a wheel bearing. But without you discribing the "screwed up sounds" that's just a shot in the dark.
Old 10-24-2004, 09:27 PM

Default Re: factory defects

i have taken the steering wheel apart and the live wire wasn't carrying a charge after it went through a connection. since the steering wheel is stock i don't think anyone has really messed with it. and the fuse is good. after my amp and speakers blew three fuses i checked and replaced every fuse in the car.
Old 10-25-2004, 05:37 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL
Default Re: *Exhaust Listings* Currently Available...

I second the wheel bearing problem. Jack up your car, take your wheel and to see if it moves side to side. If it has some play then the bearing is gone and I suggest to get it fixed quickly.
Old 10-25-2004, 08:17 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon
Default Re: Roof scoop?

QUOTE (silvertibbs)
I second the wheel bearing problem. Jack up your car, take your wheel and to see if it moves side to side. If it has some play then the bearing is gone and I suggest to get it fixed quickly.

silver is right, most likely it's bearings. how many miles was there? if your garage didn't check the bearings somethings wrong.
Old 10-25-2004, 08:27 AM

Default Re: Concept theme

Maybe I have the same problem as him. When I turn my wheel all the way to the side it makes a grinding noise but the sound gets louder and softer like waving. I thought it was a scraping but i don't think it is. Also my right rear wheel makes loud thumps over bumps. Is that my springs? I have 60,000 miles on my car. Sorry, I don't want to steal the thread.
Old 10-25-2004, 08:29 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL
Default Re: factory defects

Vulcan, I think your rear problem is a bushing problem. Same thing with mine. I got that replaced and now it's gone. Is it like a loud click like something is loose.

As for the bearing, try the same thing as I stated above and see if that is the case. If not it could be axle related.
Old 10-25-2004, 03:52 PM

Default Re: Timing Belt

A front wheel bearing would be a low pitched, barely audible hum that seems to "thrum" throughout the car, raising and lowering in pitch as it the car moves.