Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Exhuast Problems/help

Old 09-08-2005, 11:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So i finally got new injectors in and everything is running fine sort of.
Well now my exhuast sounds really fu*ked up. Really buzzy, so i took it in found that the flex is leaking, my setup is 4-1 obx headers, with the first 02 sensor round there soundwhere then the flexpipe then second o2 then glass back then dynomax muffler..

question should i get a catalytic converter with a 02 bung at the end of it, and if so should i extend the o2 sensory (can you just extend it with longer wire, and specific wire you need to use/)

then run a new glass back closer to the end?

what does the 2nd o2 sensor purpose anything to do with performance?
Old 09-09-2005, 12:03 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Mustang GT

the second o2 sensor is used to tell you if your catalytic converter has gone bad. the first o2 sensor is supposed to read one thing and after the exhaust air goes through your cat converter, the exhaust gas is supposed to be cleaner. hope i cleared that up.

what i would do if i were u, would be to get a new flex pipe, extend the second o2 sensor to go after your brand new high flow catalytic converter.

but then again, it depends if you have a cel. if you dont, dun worry about the second o2 sensor. meaning, you dont have to extend it.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:16 AM

there is a spot for the 2nd o2 sensor which located right after the flex pipe, which was there when i got the headers, to relocate the 2nd 02 sensor, what do i need to do just buy some regular wire and extend it?

or do i need some special type of electrical wire
Old 09-09-2005, 03:19 PM

Vehicle: 2000 carbon tiburon

On the obx header there should be one O2 bung after the flex pipe. what you'll have to do is unwrap some of the wiring reroute your first o2 sensor to that bung then have a cat put in with the second o2 sensor at the cat. if you do it right you wont have to extend any wiring. i might be able to take pics of mine if you need a diagram to see how it looks. After that you cel should go out.
Old 09-10-2005, 09:47 AM

that would be awesome if you could, the obx headers have 2 spots for the o2 sensor one right by the top and one right after the flex pipe, what do you put into the top o2 sensor hole to cover it. i didnt see much give on the wires for the 02 senors.
Old 09-10-2005, 09:47 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

on the top bung you plug it with a giant bolt
Old 09-10-2005, 10:30 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

that's messed up.
There should be ONE o2 bung BEFORE the cat (that's anywhere before the cat, but only ONE, so if there's two, you utilize one and plug the other)
THEN you install a cat, and put another o2 sensor after it.
Old 09-10-2005, 10:47 AM

so im going to get a cat now with an o2 bung, did any of you have to extend the o2 wires to reach the 2nd one after the cat? and if so how did you do it
cuz i dont think the wire is long enough
Old 09-10-2005, 02:11 PM

My OBX headers (not installed yet) have a bung by the exhuast ports (close to factory), and one on the downpipe. I'm putting the first o2 sensor by the ports, plugging the one on the downpipe, then putting the second one after my cat. If you extend it, use a wiring harness, extending them yourself has been known to cause all sorts of problems with readings.
Old 09-10-2005, 02:20 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Problems? What sort of problems? Who had these problems?

You can extend the wires very simply. Wire is wire. Match the wires up, size and type and thats it.