Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Exhaust Wrap

Old 01-27-2002, 10:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Wrap

I have a SR 4-2-1 header and I am going to wrap it with Thero-Tec. I wanted to know if anyone has had any problems with the header after doing this(Cracking,rotting out,ect.)because I have heard stories of some people having these problems. And does it do anything for performace beside lower underhood temps. Thanks
Old 01-27-2002, 11:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, slight performance is added from lower underhood temps. If your header is Ceramic coated, you will have no problems by wrapping it. Summit sells a few brands, and I have the wrap around my header and cat, works great.

Later
Old 01-27-2002, 11:59 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

If you wrap a "stock" exhaust manifold, you can damage it with heat wrap. The cheap "cast" iron units do not like the extra heat that the heat wrap holds in.

If you have aftermarket headers, for about $200, you can have them ceramic coated. It will do the same job, and look 1000% better. Performance wise, the heat wrap may work a TAD bit better, but the Ceramic coating will last 1000 times longer, look better, and will not damage the headers like heat wrap can/might.