Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

exhaust suggestions?

Old 04-17-2002, 04:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust suggestions?

i stopped at the local parts store by me today to see what kind of cat back exhaust systems the guy could come up with. is there any that you guys recommend? also, what kind of mufflers do you recommend for the deep "throaty" sound. the place where i would get this installed will not weld on a universal/bolt-on muffler, so please help me find one for an '01 tib. thanks in advance.
Old 04-17-2002, 04:49 AM

Search god damn you.. do a frikkin search

Side note.. I haven't slept well in 5 weeks since I got my second job... I'm a bit high strung and tad on the edgy side.. Don't take anything I say to personally.. I'm not really myself... I'm usually a lot meaner than this..
Old 04-17-2002, 05:21 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

for an 01 tibby there are..

Speedstate/MBRP
Pacesetter
KORE
SR Universal

The pacesetter is known to have fitment problems on some cars. Ditto with the Speedstate/MBRP. On some it works great...on others...not so well.

I'm not sure if the KORE unit is currently available...so that leaves you with the SR universal, which requires an exhaust shop to do some welding to fit/extend the piping up to your cat.
Old 04-17-2002, 05:48 AM

Vehicle: 1997 accent L

KORE's is currently being tested. It should be out soon. Its a direct bolt-on and made completely out of polished stainless steel. Pricing is expected to be in the $450 area.