Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Exhaust question

Old 05-12-2010, 02:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

lol you can get it from any bulb section in the world

hell you could probably pull one from your license plate lights its just a little bulb, pull the little wire prongs off the bulb and use it on the HARNESS SIDE of the injector, thus making the worlds cheapest noid light

i made a mistake on my previous comment though

basically this test it to make sure your getting proper signal from the ECU not a stuck injector, if it flashes slowly/or stays on constantly the ecu is keeping your injectors open too long
Old 05-12-2010, 04:38 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Ok, so here's a video of my exhaust, and you can kinda see the smoke, its a grayish/black. I'll have a video of my set up, and the cold start in a little bit, they're uploading right now.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WOmpXP0D6oM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WOmpXP0D6oM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WOmpXP0D6oM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WOmpXP0D6oM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Edit: here's the video of my setup, you can't see it very well, but both 02 sensors are in, and there is a cat, brand new

And here's the video of the cold start idle

Old 05-12-2010, 07:10 PM

i bet your cold start sucks due to the fact that the hose going to the idle motor is almost pinched closed
Old 05-12-2010, 07:34 PM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

I didnt notice it, I was going to ask if the Idle blower motor was even running? Yet you can obviously tell it is rich by listening to the exhaust backfire!

Owe damn, went back to look, I think you need to get that kink out of the idle blower motor hose to the intake elbow, thats not good, bet that is it, GOOD EYE FAITHOFADRAGON! BET YOUR A HUNTER!
Old 05-12-2010, 07:35 PM

I just went and looked at it, bent it back and got it opened up a little more, and then tried it again. Still has a low/rough idle. I also let it warm up, and then turned it off then back on, and it still had the rough idle, it also does it when I'm driving any time I go from moving to idle. Could I check this by un plugging my iac, and/or un hooking the hose from one or both ends?

turbo: I didnt see your post before i replied, where would I look to see if the idle blower motor is working?

Edit: also, if it changes anything, after we put my engine in, we left the A/C and PS belts off.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:52 PM

the belts off wont make a difference

FIX the hose to the idle motor not just unkink it a little get a 90 degree plastic fitting or somethin just make sure you dont get a vacuum leak after it

then reset the computer(battery disconnected for a few minutes) see if that helps

and yes

i do hunt lol

donno if this makes a difference or not

but which rail and injectors are you using? beta 1 or 2

did you connect the MAF in the proper location, arrow pointing toward the intake manifold?

idle motor wont help the running rich part just so you know...but its a start
Old 05-13-2010, 02:07 AM

He is using the Beta 1 IM, Beta 1 Fuel rail and injectors on a Beta 2 Block. I think that is fine, I am pretty sure that they are the same, I know for a fact that they both use 190cc stock injectors. The only thing that is coming up is that the check engine light is one, and it is making it run in safe mode, Or closed loop all the time. This happened to me when my crank sensor was going out. I got all the same symptoms but It would always idle ruff then i got that check engine light, lol If i can remeber it is a p0343... So first fix that kinked hose like faithofadragon said.

IF YOU WANT TO RESET THE COMPUTER YOU CAN DO IT BY SIMPLY UNPLUGGIN THE NEGATIVE TERMINAL TO THE BATTERY FOR LIKE 10 MINUTES, THEN PUT IT BACK TOGETHER THEN TAKE IT FOR A SPIN!
Old 05-13-2010, 09:23 AM

Alright, I'm going to be going to town tomorrow, so I'll be pickin up a new hose as well as some kinda fitting. I was thinkin about just having someone heat and bend the outlet on the elbow piece, because it seems long enough to do so. Any input?

And I'll try re-setting the ECU and see what it does.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:48 PM

I would just get some 90 degree fitting to fit into the corner and you could still run that colored hose, just make a split and put the 90 in the corner to keep it from kinking!
Old 05-16-2010, 05:15 PM

Ok, so I bought a new hose and got that kink in the corner fixed, and it still is rough at idle. I didn't reset the ECU though, is this a must? It started to rain so I was a little hesitant about messin with the battery.

Also, I double checked to make sure that they hooked the 02 sensor back up, because I was havin trouble findin it. After a little looking, I found it and traced it back up to its plug, and it seems to be alright. I made sure it wasnt loose, then double checked all my other sensors. Bottom line, it still has problems idleing. I'm headin to town tomorrow, so I'm going to get some MAF cleaner and see if that helps. Any reccomended brands?