Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

exhaust gaskets

Old 05-25-2010, 03:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default exhaust gaskets

My downpipe was leaking a lot of exhaust. i tried everything, from copper gasket, double gasket, copper gasket, gasket material, copper gasket maker and regular gaskets burned up and leaked within days. i FINALLY repaired this after a long time by using Hedman Hedders White High Temp gasket part#27180:

works great! but i cannot find the 2-bolt flange style and the rear of my exhaust has been leaking.

apparently, with the copper gaskets, you're supposed to use silicone rings in between. when they say "embossed", it means the inside of the flange is lifted to hold the ring in place(?????):

i cannot find any cheap 2-bolt flange gasket that is soft, and without this stupid metal ring in the center so i can double-gasket it to stop leaking because i need the flanges to be somewhat cushioned:

i would prefer to order good pre-cut gaskets instead of cutting & drilling them myself. i need 8 of them if anybody can help me.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

nevermind! i've found it, wayyyy back on page 47 somewhere. took a long time to find.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PTE-H7952/