Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Exhaust bolts?

Old 12-24-2004, 09:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: NEW previously unreleased photo of Redz

I had ALOT of problems with my car so, I went off to college and left it at home. Im now home on break and plan on taking it back to school with me-- i raised the car to look at the exhaust-- i thought I had a blown exhaust gasket or something-- i look at the connection between the cat and the exhaust and realize-- there are 3 bolts but only 1 nut-- no wonder what the problem is...
SO what size/tread are these nuts and should I run over to Hyundai to pick them up (will they have them in stock)... also to bolt them back on-- should I use an impact wrench or would using hand tools suffice?

Thanks alot.
David
Old 12-24-2004, 09:16 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default Exhaust bolts?

have hyundai do it for you. it will save you a lot of trouble.
Old 12-24-2004, 09:18 PM

Default Re: NEW previously unreleased photo of Redz

That or go to a muffler shop..they'll take care of it.
Old 12-24-2004, 09:21 PM

Default Re: The Person Above You

WELL-- you guys probably dont know me-- i was around here 4 months ago-- ive had alot of shops work for me and well-- they all suck. Lets say Ive spent WAY too much to install and reinstall my headers and exhaust..
The thing is-- i cant drive my car too far because it obviously has a hole in the exhaust and to tow it to get bolts put into it would be a waste IMHO.

Should i just get it to a shop? I think if i was able to just get the bolts, i could tighten them by hand and maybe drive somewhere for them to tighten them down to the right pressure?

Those were VERY quick responses lol -thanks...

BUT whats the overall decision? Hyundai, Discount Auto, or a shop?
Old 12-24-2004, 09:23 PM

This would give you a good reason to buy a catback...IF you don't have one already..a good muffler shop could cut out a new piece of pipe or weld metal over the hole...but you said you havn't had any luck with shops..right?
Old 12-24-2004, 09:24 PM

Default Re: Exhaust bolts?

I have a catback-- i got the SS headers and exhaust (OBX)

I had the 4-1, had problems with them-- sold it and switched the 4-2-1 why i dont know but I did...

And yes, i will eventually be getting rid of both header and exhaust to get an upgrade.
Old 12-24-2004, 09:28 PM

Sorry about your misfortune..shouldn't be too hard to find replacement bolts..ask the dealer or muffler shop for some..wish you had a reputable muffler shop..a good one could easily weld your problems away!!
Old 12-24-2004, 09:32 PM

yeah-- ive gotten screwed alot here in S. FL-- i tried a local import shop-- had to have the exhaust and headers redone about 3 times from them then took it to Midas and they were idiots-- i told them NOT to install the "racecat" and came back and it was installed-- got pissed and called corporate office when the car threw a CEL-- btw those stupid OBD-2 cheater things dont work-- so had them redo it-- what idiots would ONLY PUT 1 bolt back on my car what out of the 3 that were there...

Edit-- btw-- i am talking about where the catalytic converter meets with the exhaust-- there is a 3 bolt flange that is there-- I only have one nut on the bolts-- the other 2 are not bolted...
Old 12-24-2004, 09:38 PM

see you could have just got a hold of me and i could have set u sumthing up here, well let me knwo how it turns out , need help or anyhting
Old 12-24-2004, 09:44 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Re: Anyone notice?

If you just need the nut... take the bolt out and go to any home improvement place (home depot for example) and use the bolt to find a matching nut. If the bolt dosent come out, use a die set to find out what size/thread the bolt is.

You can get the nut anywhere mang, dosent need to come from an exhaust shop.