Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Which Exhaust Is Better?

Old 02-06-2006, 01:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for a new exhaust.. now the main thing i'm looking for is a quieter exhaust.. i currently have a straight through muffler and its reallllllly loud and sounds kinda ghey...
here are the ones i'm lookin at..

Mugen Twin Loop

Apexi World Sport

Greddy Evo

now which one of those are the quietest? i've been reading some reviews and i heard the apexi WS is very quiet which is what i want but i want to know incomparison to the others what the difference in sound level..

the greddy is a very nice exhaust.. it is also another one of the quieter exhausts out there..

now for some performance questions.. which one would give the best performance? from what i figured.. the Greddy would because its straight through.. is it true that straight through mufflers would perform a little better because of less restriction? i'm curious as if the design of the twin loop causes a lot of restriction to flow?

i personally do not really care about the looks.. i kinda like the WS and twin loop better in terms of looks cause its less attention and looks more stockish in terms of tip..

any opinions or experience with any of these plz post
thanks
Old 02-06-2006, 06:02 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Only one I've seen tested is the twin loop thing. RSX went from 94dB stock to 96dB with full header back.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:24 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Twin loop, should also be on my new setup soon.

Make sure you get a knockoff unless you want to spend abour 400 on a real mugen mufler...lol

jdmcarboy.com has a good one
Old 02-06-2006, 07:36 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Get a Magnaflow.
I a running a straight 3" exhaust system and no raspy sound from me
Old 02-06-2006, 08:12 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

But you're turbo'ed.....I've been wondering the same thing, so far all I hear about the twin loop is that it's pretty quiet and doesn't restrict power much.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:14 AM

yeea i'm thinking of going twin loop but the design puzzles me.. just looking at it has restriction written all over it.
i know that honda's and acuras have had success with this muffler in terms of gains but how can it give such good gains with it's design and also be one of the quietest out there..?

i'm also looking at the Greddy SP2 exhaust.. its similar to the apexi WS but i heard that the WS really lacks in performance.. the SP2 on the other hand has good performance and quiet as well...

i know having a quiet exhaust will mean suffering in performance.. but i'm just wondering if any of these might actually have both qualities..
Old 02-06-2006, 11:42 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Its a muffler LOL. When you gain like 5-10whp from replacing 6 feet of piping on a 4 cylinder, its really not going to make any difference you can feel.

When you start moving into big V8 territory that suffer from restrictive exhausts stock, and start gaining 25 to the wheels from replacing the exhaust system, you run into problems where you outflow some aftermarket systems. You won't see a twin loop on an LS1 I don't think. cool.gif

The Greddy sounds good on GKs if your hesitant about the twin loop.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:55 PM

yeea.. i think i'm gonna get the twin loop.. i've heard the replica's are just as good in terms of sound so i think i'll be getting that .. otherwise i'd have to get an axle back for another car and cut it up to fit my tib..

now which one should one should i get from ebay..
Old 02-06-2006, 01:58 PM

Actually, I've owned both the WS and the Greddy SP (More flow than Evo thanks to different can and 2.5 inch piping vs 2.25 on EVO). Both were on my TRD Solara.

I can safely say the EVO is the louder of the two, but in a deeper, inoffensive way. It also yields more power and flows better. On the flipside, the Apexi looks better (The Evo's can is HUGE) and costs less I believe.

In the end, it's up to you. Both are great exhausts made by great companies. I love my Apexi N1 that Rick sold me. Definately my favourite exhaust yet.