Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Exedy Heavy Duty Clutch.

Old 04-19-2006, 01:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my exedy clutch is just about ready to be replaced.

its lasted 3-4 years.
9 months with a Turbocharged modifications
I still think its pretty good value.

The clutch was slipping at 4th -5th gear whilst on the dyno.
at the moment daily driving is ok.

Budgeting on the stage 4 clutch.
speaking to my tuner, he reckons it should grip a lot more, but driveable, and it make take sometime getting used to driving.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:43 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

is this a question? yes it will grip more. new clutches are awesome. like any heavy duty clutch it will be easier to shift at high rpms and harder to shift at lower ones (city driving). If you do a lot of stop and go think twice. But sounds like your car is in the mechanics shop all the time gettng new parts and replacing old ones anyways, no time to city drive. HA! lol

Btw, you never got back to me on what happened with the MSD. It arrived I'm assuming? I haven't checked on-line but you just sorta stopped reading my e-mails and PM's when they started including good news, I dunno. everythin' okay?

g/luck with the clutch, you will be happy with it's grip.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:27 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

you need this one

http://www.oguraclutch.co.jp/orc/orc_ex~2plate.html

thats is what i got and its the shit

a little $$$ but worth it after one year i am still spinning through 4 gear ahhhhhhh

and shifting is like butter
Old 04-19-2006, 03:14 AM

Vehicle: 02 Accent

That twin clutch looks awesome, but not many people here can read what ever language thats in...mind sharing the knowledge? price-wise that is?
Old 04-19-2006, 06:01 AM

QUOTE (Patreezy @ Apr 19 2006, 06:13 PM)
is this a question? yes it will grip more. new clutches are awesome. like any heavy duty clutch it will be easier to shift at high rpms and harder to shift at lower ones (city driving). If you do a lot of stop and go think twice. But sounds like your car is in the mechanics shop all the time gettng new parts and replacing old ones anyways, no time to city drive. HA! lol

Btw, you never got back to me on what happened with the MSD. It arrived I'm assuming? I haven't checked on-line but you just sorta stopped reading my e-mails and PM's when they started including good news, I dunno. everythin' okay?

g/luck with the clutch, you will be happy with it's grip.

Patreezy.
received the msd and already removed the paypal hold.

I had already purchased a brand new one and got it installed, your msd arrived one week later.

mad-john, please post a price for the ogura-clutch kit.

the exedy stage 4, clutch is about $350 shipped.
the mechanic just advised that it will take time to get used to driving a Clutch that grips a lot.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:16 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

that is clutch is from japan, land of drifting, i could not get it local so i had to pay customs and dutys on that shit ahhhh but its about 2500 and that with the fly wheel and bearing too. i am now in the process of getting CF disk when the ones i got in there go bad but 1 year has gone by of me betting the shit out of it and its still like performs like the day i got it.. i know it was $$$$ but i think it was worth it...shit when the boot kick in 1st and i get to 6000 rpm it breaks loose and then its on to secound

in short 2 long black strips
Old 04-19-2006, 02:33 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

If you can get dimensions, then you could probably get Exedy to make you a twin plate system. My friend is looking into it. And he says it wouldn't cost anywhere near $2500. Hopefully I'll find out soon.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:27 AM

Vehicle: 2006/hyundai/tiburon

QUOTE (JonGTR @ Apr 19 2006, 03:33 PM)
If you can get dimensions, then you could probably get Exedy to make you a twin plate system. My friend is looking into it. And he says it wouldn't cost anywhere near $2500. Hopefully I'll find out soon.

I'll be sending my Valeo extreme clutch kit to Xtreme clutch in australia to custom make a set of clutch to hold 600ft/lb for my Beta II soon. Hope it will be durable and price reasonable. Will keep you guys updated.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:41 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

This thread is over 3 years old. Make a new one when you get some good information.

And why would you do that? Its going to end up costing way more than converting the clutch system to use a DSM clutch and they already have twin disc setups and very strong single disc setups available.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:55 AM

^^ Indeed. Sometimes it's necessary to have someone entirely custom-fab a part, simply because there are no other options with the quality / functional target you have in mind. And in cases where you MUST have a part fabbed, you instantly lose almost any ability to "push back" on the end result since you will essentially be the only beta-tester.

But in this case, a push-type conversion with a modified flywheel gives you a very wide gammut of proven and reliable options for a far lesser price tag. That's what I will be doing, once I get to that point...