Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Evo Trans?

Old 10-14-2008, 01:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my friend who works at world motorsports performance shop wants to see if any other trans will bolt up to my block seeing as mine is making a grinding noise and i know that our trannys arent upgradable and no good clutches for it. so why not try to swap a different trans on and worry about clutches and gears that actually have a decent following
Old 10-14-2008, 01:31 PM
Banned

whats the point of this post?

and how do you think you are going to get an evo trans to work?

you could just get a beta II trans (gets rid of the syncro problem) and do a easy push conversion. then your clutch options are endless.

evos are AWD, tibs are FWD, are you just gonna plug the part for the rest of the AWD setup?

what are you going to do about axles as far as getting them custom made? they will obviously need to be adjusted, and this is all assuming the evo trans will fit.. the beta trans is already a pretty snug fit. if the evo trans is SAME size (which its not) you will still need an adapter plate for both bolt patterns to bolt it up.

then you will need a custom transmission mount. wont be hard, but might take some finese based on how the evo trans mounts compared to the tibs.

lets assume everything works out with not much hassle, and it actually goes into the car.

what have you gained? would probably cost upwards of a couple grand, unless you are giving your friend a reach-around. you will have a 5-speed transmission, that was meant for AWD, converted to FWD, and a push style clutch..

or you could go with a beta II trans, simple push conversion, and get some upgraded gears, and not have to worry about any of that other stuff.

ps: how did you come to the conclusion that there are no good PULL clutchs for the beta? or the fact that they are 'not' upgradable? you can get like 3 different FGR kits, dog tooth gears, tons of different clutchs, etc.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:06 PM

well if i would get it in, i would gain a trans that can with stand some power, stock turbo torque atleast, my upgrades are endless other than throwing stock shit and breaking it once a year. what clutches and trans are good that can hold some power, im looking to push 500 whp, im at 350 on 23psi, i just got a borg warner turbo and a nitrous kit so im not really wanting to push my trans and clutch anymore
Old 10-14-2008, 02:18 PM
Banned

do you have a limited slip diff in your car?

do a push conversion, and get any of your favorite DSM clutchs, they will hold more power than 95% of the pull styles out there.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:47 PM

yeah i have a phantom grip in it. is htat dsm conversion hard? i saw you had to shim stuff but i really dont want to be back and forth with stuff. and i read a forum about just swapping the non turbo setup in but i didnt really find anything that could hold hp for hte non turbo eclipse. people on here also said about the third gear and 5th gear going because of lack of lube and you can;t really fix htat because thats how it was designed. i jsut dont want to buy a 500 clutch for my car and have something else in the trans go
Old 10-14-2008, 02:58 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Tiburón GT

accent x3 tranny works and they are push type. I believe it's the 97-99, not sure 100%
Old 10-14-2008, 03:35 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Elantra

The X3 transmissions are pretty weak. I would contact Denis (atelierHP) about the push conversion.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:36 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

talk to Denisst99 on the site and he will tell you everything about the push conversion i think he is selling them for 165CAD...

if you get the non turbo clutch you dont have to modify the flywheel bolts...

but if you get the dsm turbo clutch you have to modify the flywheel bolts...

also demon_fox on the site has it done to his tib and i pretty sure he can help as well
Old 10-14-2008, 04:06 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (wolfinsheepsclothing @ Oct 14 2008, 01:09 PM)
my friend who works at world motorsports performance shop wants to see if any other trans will bolt up to my block seeing as mine is making a grinding noise and i know that our trannys arent upgradable and no good clutches for it. so why not try to swap a different trans on and worry about clutches and gears that actually have a decent following

QUOTE (wolfinsheepsclothing @ Oct 14 2008, 02:47 PM)
yeah i have a phantom grip in it. is htat dsm conversion hard? i saw you had to shim stuff but i really dont want to be back and forth with stuff. and i read a forum about just swapping the non turbo setup in but i didnt really find anything that could hold hp for hte non turbo eclipse. people on here also said about the third gear and 5th gear going because of lack of lube and you can;t really fix htat because thats how it was designed. i jsut dont want to buy a 500 clutch for my car and have something else in the trans go

Well, I'd say you don't know too much about our cars then my man, we have several VERY good clutch setups for our cars available, and there are tons of options with our transmissions, REAL LSD's, gears, and more, just most of us are cheap and won't pay for the good stuff.

Hence the Phantom Grip.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:31 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: Two 97 RD Tibs and 2010 Genesis Coupe

Since i blew my 5th gear at 300WHP what i ended up doing was Shotpeening my 5th gear to make it stronger..
Since no stronger gears that im aware of are made i actually just shotpeened the gear and so far its been 2 months and have done a few 5th WOT runs at 19psi and seems to hold up