Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Engine Stalls

Old 09-20-2005, 09:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 hyundai tiburon fx

Ok, here is the story. I was driving fine and dandy when all ofthe sudden my engine starts bogging and suddenly it shut down. I had to wait a couple of minutes before I could get the engine started again. I didn't noticed untill today that the afc wasn't reading the afl. I did a sensor check and it was showing voltage coming in and out. I'd have to go back and jot down the readings i'm getting. I checked the connection theyre fine I swapped out the Air flow sensor and nothing. I also noticed that when throttle position went past about 5.9% the engine would start to stutter and bogg. I hope it's not the afc, is there anything else you guys can think of? No cel is actively on, when the phenomena first occurred a cel did come on but went away after I turned off and turned the car back on.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:22 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Have you tried resetting the SAFC? Make sure you write down your settings first though.
Old 09-23-2005, 05:44 PM

Vehicle: 1998 hyundai tiburon fx

Started tweedling with the AFC and initialized it, shut the car off waited a couple of seconds turned the car back on and everything was up and running.Thanks for the help guys.