Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Engine Question (Not sure if it should be here)

Old 08-13-2001, 12:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Question (Not sure if it should be here)

ALright, like I said, I dont know if this question should be right here, but here goes. Random always moves em if they are in the wrong spot anyways. smile.gif ALright. Anyone have any experience with high temperature paint for your engine, and painting it to match the interior? I know I've seen Powder Coating kits, and they look real nice, but they are pricey, and you need a paint gun, and you gotta bake it afterwards. Any help would be great. Thanks.
Old 08-13-2001, 06:08 AM

Just get the 1200 Degree stuff in whatever color you want and it should stick good.
Make sure you clean the surface thoughly before you do it, or else it'll be messy REAL quick wink.gif
Old 08-13-2001, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

To really color and engine, you need to yank the block, tap off all orafices and things you don't want painted...degrease it...wash it, and then paint it. A damn hard process.

If you are just thinking of painting various engine "bits" Standard High temp paint works fine.

Just keep in mind...most High temp engine paint 900 degree or higher requires you to 'bake' the part a high temp to cure the paint. Most engine parts don't get that hot. Your valve cover doesn't get hot enough to bake that paint...so it will "powder" off with time (every time you rub it, colored powdwer will rub off on your fingers).

I reccomend you use 500 degree engine paint for most engine parts, and only use the 900 degree or higher on brakes, exhaust or the block itself.
Old 08-13-2001, 04:41 PM

Thanks Random, you seem to know more than a lot of people in this forum, and I hear you talk without any contradiction most of the time, so I appreciate the advice
Old 08-13-2001, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Originally posted by erotishock:
and I hear you talk without any contradiction most of the time, so I appreciate the advice

I just delete the posts that don't agree with me. IT'S GOOD TO BE THE MODERATOR!!!!!!

*just kidding*

Anyone is welcome to disagree with me anytime, I'm not always right, I've done my share of bonehead things to my car and made my share of bonehead posts too!