Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Engine Problems?

Old 09-18-2005, 05:32 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

I'd say check your Throttle posistion Sensor. I had a bad hesitation problem in my 1986 Nissan Pickup and it turned out to be that sensor. Are you sure it's a clutch thing??? Drive your car and see if your car hesitates at differing positions of the throttle. My truck only hesitated at about 1/8 - 1/4 throttle. it wouldn't do it when I floored it, and it was most noticable when I let off the gas slowly from about 1/3 throttle to no throttle. From there, I knew it had something to do with the throttle. Cables looked good and tight, the only other thing it could have been was the TPS. Sure enough it was.

ALSO... when was the last time you had a tune up?? It may be as easy as replacing the wires and plugs. smile.gif
Old 09-18-2005, 11:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my wires and plugs are only like 5000 old so i don't think that's the problem. I was planning on getting some electrical connector cleaner and cleaning some of my connectors to see if that would help. I read on a topic that it help get rid of somebodies vibrations at idle: I have that problem too. So i figure it's worth a shot.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:07 PM

its also worth your time to pull the plugs out at look em over as well as inspect your cables...... usually this is it...
Old 09-20-2005, 11:36 PM

I've checked both plugs and wires and they both look fine. What is a good electrical connector cleaner?