Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Engine Mounts

Old 06-08-2002, 06:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have heard off and on about these, theyre not talked about very much, probably due to the vibrating parts, but I gotta ask, does it really make that much of a difference? I mean I don't mind if I just feel a little more, but I don't wanna be bouncing around, sorry for not answering your question, let me go ahead and search around for some in my car-site databases, so that I don't feel bad. hehe. alright then!

K did some searching -- I found a site that makes 4-6cyl/LOM Engine specific mounts, they also have vibration insulators (which are also LOM Specific) now ummm, someone hint me in on this (LOM)?
Old 06-08-2002, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

run a search on DIY epoxy engine mounts. Solid. Full vibration transfer but if you don't care...
Old 06-09-2002, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator

well I'll be snookered.

melt or cut or carve or whatever to get the rubber out of regular mounts and replace with epoxy. solid mount. This has been talked about in the past and I wonder where all the posts disappeared to. I KNOW I've seen it on here and not just on HT and Fxtreme! Now I'm curious, lemme see if I can dig something up real quick.
Old 06-09-2002, 06:46 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

In the USA, no one currently makes suspension bushings or engine mounts for our cars (tiburon or elantra, regardless of year).

For suspension bushings, you can contact Whiteline (www.whiteline.com.au). They have been somewhat slow to jump onto the new Elantra platform, but hopefully they will if enought people ask for it.

Whiteline does carry suspension bushings for the gen1/gen2 tibbie/and (1996-2000)elantra, but it is a limited set, not the complete set.

No one currently makes engine/tranny mount replacements for any vintage/make Hyundai that I know of.

You can make your own, but that's about it.

There are some "race only" full suspension bushing/engine mount sets available in korea, but they are about $700 for the set, and they are so hard/harsh as to be RACE ONLY. They are also only for the gen1/gen2 tibbie/and (1996-2000)elantra.
Old 06-11-2002, 05:20 AM
Super Moderator

If you bought a set and modified them, you would still have the original set to go back to if it was too harsh, and somebody surely would buy your DIY set from you.