Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Engine Leakage

Old 02-05-2005, 04:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Leakage

Hey dudes, another serius post by kit fox? *GASP*! lol, i know i know, ok soo heres the situation.

After racing a corvette (and winning for the first 10meters then patheticaly getting smoked) , i also went against a Evolution, and a Supra and a civic, and a Mustang Cobra SVT, only winning with one of those cars (go ahead guees.....lol if u said civic your right) i pushed my engine quite hard, anyway later on i got home and as always i checked the status of the engine, oil, etc. on the 1st day of the month. so i noticed a little leak, see pic.

Tnx Adam(Tibminn) umm u wont see any in the pic but along that whole edge where the black cover meets the silver there is a little bit of oily greesy stuff, also its coming out from the 3 front bolts that hold the thing togetehr. any idea why its doing that, or is it just a leak from under one of the seals, like i havent seen it again in a quite a few days like that theres more, maybe just a bit more.
Old 02-05-2005, 05:05 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Looks like your leaking oil through the valve cover gasket. Did you mess with the bolts? If you took the valve cover off, or over-torqued down the bolts you might have ruined it. Luckily they are only like $30.00.

Its not hard to replace, just like 15 10mm bolts to take off then peel off the new gasket, relube the new one, and replace.

I don't think the valve cover gasket would pop from revving the engine. The only thing under there are the rocker arms and camshafts. It looks to me like you haven't cleaned your engine in like a decade (Literally... my Corvette went uncleaned for 20 years and it was cleaner than that).
Old 02-05-2005, 05:07 PM

NO NO NO! THATS NOT MY ENGINE BAY! LMAO thats Adam's (Tibminn) ill get some pics of my bay soon, mines much much cleaner. that was the best pic of a bay i could get.
Old 02-05-2005, 05:26 PM

The gasket is like a rubber substance..if you removed the cover, you may just have to set it right..no wonder why you run out of tires so quickly Kit..you're always racing..
Old 02-05-2005, 05:33 PM

i never adjusted any bolts on it or anything i do have new pics i just took ill put them up in 5 minuts, btw i do go through tires alot but what wastes them more then racing is agresive driving, i do lotsa stunts with them, lotsa drifting, backwords spins, donuts and everything, i never actualy burn them out like just standing in place and burnign them out, racing, well i do abit, lol, usualy my tibs actualy pretty resiliant, but that day i mean come on, corvette? SVT MUSTANG COBRA? SUPRA? EVO? lol, none (almost) of our tibs stand a chance against any of those cars.
Old 02-05-2005, 05:39 PM

If you havn't removed it, then the gasket may be going bad..
Old 02-05-2005, 05:44 PM

hmmm, like a month ago, but this was the first time i checked the engine for the past month.

Like the dipstick is showing its at full, like right on the F
Old 02-05-2005, 09:55 PM

ok, i got the pics guys, maybe these will help out.

Old 02-05-2005, 09:58 PM

Is that yellow stuff on your heat shielf from the oil?
Old 02-05-2005, 10:22 PM

no, thats my rusty ole header cover, if i take it of would that be better? in the first pic u can see a darker blob between the two right bolts. I whiped most of it off and thats whats left, it was abit more fluidy originaly, anyway the stuff hasent leaked anywhere else (or doesnt seem like it did) and it seems its confind to that area thats in red.