Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Engine cleaner: Hose off type?

Old 11-12-2010, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 Tib
Default Engine cleaner: Hose off type?

Looking to do some work under the hood tomorrow and a glance at the engine bay today allowed me the realization that 6 years of road grime does not make a pretty engine.

So, is there anything I can walk into a local auto store and get that I can just load the engine bay up on, let sit a few minutes, then hose off? I do not have access to a pressure washer unless I go to a car wash. Maybe load the engine up on Purple Lightning? I don't want to use Gunk engine brite because from experience hose pressure isn't enough to get it all off and it makes most rubbers/plastics orange over time (Kerosene based).

Thanks!
Old 11-12-2010, 03:29 PM

Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

i get purple power from oreilly's. probably the same as purple lightning but not for sure. i have 32oz. spray bottle i fill up and use the whole thing everytime i detail the engine bay. let it sit for 5 minutes on a prewet surface and then hose off.

if you say you have a ton or grime i would suggest getting some brushes to help with this. big bushes for the bigger areas of course but also have some cheapo toothbrushes to get the cooling fins on the head and assorted other small, hard to reach places.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:42 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

simple green works well and then some black majic engine detailer spray to shine it up
Old 11-16-2010, 08:27 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

be careful using something like ArmorAll that leaves a glossy tacky finish, it will attract all dirt/dust and stick like glue