Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Engine Breather

Old 04-07-2005, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a question about a Topic that was closed.... really don't know why.... but..

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=7003

Ok... this is good news for me... I have a MAP, but in the same Air Intake, there is a conection to the Engine, Can I put a Breather in that line too??? I just doing the Intercooler Pipe, and I want to know if i have to make the conections for those air conections...
Old 04-07-2005, 04:21 PM

Because you are running a MAP based injection on your car.. you can run a small breather/filter on the idle bypass just like that.

As for the connections to the intake, I am assuming that you are asking about the two lines from from the valve cover to the intake. If you do a search for oil catch can, you will find everything you need to know.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:21 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

Wao, you should keep a small inlet for that little line that is in front of the TB. That line creates suction and helps oil residue escape the valve cover. If you do not have it there will be nothing there to keep that opil moving and it will prolly dirty up the inside of the valve cover a little bit. Do what Mad suggested and check the Oil Catch Can DIY in the DIY forums.

As for the little breather, Mad is right oin the money, you lucky bastards with your MAP sensors have the ability to do that little mod.
Old 04-09-2005, 06:50 AM

I have a small filter on the crank, only because I havn't got around to put a catch can on there. Oil will leak from the filter in small amounts but the filter will get dirty realitively quick from this.