Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

The end of my car probs... or not

Old 12-27-2004, 05:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What did everyone get from Santa?

ALRIGHT-- got tired of crappy servicemen and decided to lift my car... well... last people to work on my car were the great guys at Midas--

Turns out in the 1st place: I see that post-cat there is a 3-bolt flange where the cat meets the exhaust-- there are 3 bolts, but only 1 nut (WTF!!!)

THEN, get that fixed (myself-- shouldve just done it all myself-- its surprisingly easy) and had to jump start my car (both batteries were dead from 4 months of no use and occasional stereo blastings)-- exhaust leak (WTF)

TURNS OUT-- pre-cat there is a 2-bolt flange with ONLY one bolt and one nut on that one bolt (WTF!!!)

Run to Home Depot and fix it-- then try to jump start my rear battery (red)-- no turn over... disconnect the red and try to jump-- nothing. Ended up getting my yellow to start.

Leave the car running for a while on the yellow-- reconnected the red and let it charge-- the car ran GREAT and sounded and performed beautifully....

THEN IT THREW A CEL-- since im registration and insuranceless at the moment-- i cant get it read but its not the same as before which is a good thing... but well see and BTW-- the HIDs were the biggest thing i missed-- ill post pix soon.
Old 12-27-2004, 05:39 PM

Default Civic Front Strut

ahhhh, human inginuity
Old 12-27-2004, 07:34 PM

Default Re: NEW previously unreleased photo of Redz

I would go to those guys at Midas and give them an earfull.
Old 12-28-2004, 01:34 AM

Default Re: Custom RDTiburon Badges, VOTE HERE!

I talked to a local exhaust guy-- told me to call their main office again and b**** until no tomorrow-- especially because they took off my cat without my knowledge at first. They did shitty work-- and personally I think they may have done it on purpose. Last time i talked to their corporate office they asked what they could do to make it better-- maybe i can work them on a timing belt... hmmm maybe?
Old 12-28-2004, 06:28 AM

Default Re: Engine Cutoff at highspeeds?

heh... if they messed up your exhaust, which is their specialty.. you really want them touching the timing belt?
Old 12-28-2004, 06:38 AM

Default Re: What NOT to do when pulled over

Wow-- thats a great point. It was just an idea for them to do to make up for what they had done... i dont think I could ask for money. Back to the draw3ing board lol.
Old 12-28-2004, 08:35 AM

Default Re: Two color Paint?

Too bad you are in FL, my friend's uncle owns a midas in MI, and I could have gotten you some great work done free...