Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Emissions? (SPLIT)

Old 12-06-2004, 07:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX
Default Re: Hey all. New chick here. :)

what a shame... it will give you a pull though. and will sound bad @$$ with an exhaust.

REDZ, do you know if your insurance goes up with these on when you take it to emissions?
Old 12-06-2004, 08:15 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL
Default Re: Hey all. New chick here. :)

Emissions wise nothing really changes. Other than the fact that the CAT has to be moved back a little bit. Make sure you co-operate with your local smog laws.
Old 12-07-2004, 12:54 PM

Default Re: I need business cards.

HCK....by insurance are you talking about your car insurance? If that's what you're talking about, your insurance won't go up if you don't tell them. I have no idea if headers would affect emissions or not. You'd have to contact MD DOT or your county police to ask. I seriously wouldn't worry too much about that. Of course every state is different but VA is pretty strict and my husbands' car passed and in VA we do emissions every 2 years, he has an intake and a DTM dual tip exhaust. I can't remember if I had to do an emissions test when I had my CAI in or not, but if a car passes with intake and exhaust it should pass with headers. It's just airflow. But definitely check that out to be sure. I have to check with VA emission laws before I say yay or nay...but I'm hoping to get in on it....hoping....it's hard though, saving up for paint right now so we shall see. I guess that's why man made credit cards....lol wink.gif

Now...I read through this and didn't see an answer to my question....what are the mm size differences for? Does it make a difference smaller vs. larger?