Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

ecm question

Old 04-10-2003, 03:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ecm question

i dont know where else to post this but this seemed like the right place.
i did a search for the ecm, i came up with the one that was posted for the 97-99 tiburon.
now it says for the 1.8 and the 2.0L. will this work for the 2001 tibs also, being that it is a 2.0 or is the year of the car going to affect it?
i ordered my manuals from my dealership and they are taking forever. i am trying to get the pin functions and this is the only one i could find on the web.
Old 04-10-2003, 03:45 AM
Red

I am assuming that the 2000-2001 Tibs will be ok on the same ECU as the older versions, only because the motor and electronic equipment hasn't changed in any major way.

I am also pretty sure that the pinouts are the same... The only time that I KNOW it changed was between the 2001 and 2003 model years, because the sensors changed as well.

Hopefully somebody in here knows better than I do on the pinout configuration. That, or I suppose I could go scour HMAService and see if the online Electrical Technical Manuals show any difference.
Old 04-10-2003, 04:38 AM

i checked hmac also. they just tell of the pcm, i really did'nt see anything for the ecu, unless i looked in the wrong part.
thanks for the help red.