Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

e-Manage

Old 04-24-2002, 07:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default e-Manage

Hey, I was reading over at GReddy.com about their Universal e-Manage system (piggy back fuel computer) thats pretty inexpensive and you dont need to replace the whole factory ECU system. Has anyone else researched this item or even have it? As well as I've posted before I'm planning on installing a Ballistic Stage 2 Turbo Kit, and I've also read that the topHP that the stock Tiburon fuel injector can take is 185? i have an 01 Automatic, what is a good replacement fuel injector? Any other upgrades anyone think ill need? currently i have a 3" Catback with 5" Tip and new direct air muffler, and a 2002 Dragon Air Intake (soon switching to AEM Cold Air Intake). Alright Thx.
Old 04-24-2002, 10:45 AM

i havent seen or researched it, but by the way you describe it it sure sounds similar to the Apex'i S-AFC.

if your planning to upgrade your injectors (either 440cc's, or 550cc's) youll need more than that piggy back system. youll have to go with something like the "Unichip" or a haltech, or motech engine managment system. (haltech E6K with harness, and sensors will run you around $1400) as for other upgrades, why not get a manual tranny. i havent heard of anyone pumping this much power through an Automatic, and to be honest i Seriously doubt itll handle it. youll also need a new fuel pump, a RRFPR (rising rate fuel pressure regulator), and a good seatbelt

Knowledge is achieved by asking questions. Ignorance is shown by those who make fun of you for wanting knowledge.
im not making fun of you but you could have found this out by doing a simple search. before i even considered going turbo i spent about 2 hours reading through all the old posts regarding them which answered about 95% of my questions.

[ April 24, 2002, 05:46 PM: Message edited by: AzzY ]
Old 04-24-2002, 11:03 AM

And besides, if I recall correctly, the complete Ballistics kit comes with an engine management system.
Old 04-24-2002, 02:05 PM

Yeh I emailed Rob (the HyundaiPerformance.com guy) asking him for a list of the components listed for the Ballistic Stage 2 Turbo Kit, but he has yet to reply, so I basically am not sure as to what all is coming with it.
Old 04-24-2002, 02:18 PM

http://www.teamsr.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.c...c;f=16;t=001376

Check out the second post. wink
Old 04-24-2002, 02:19 PM

The ballistics kit is supposed to ship with a MOTEC stand alone.

The Greddy e manager is a good device. It is a fuel computer with many many more input points than an AFC. It reminds me of the fuel only models of the Haltechs. It is designed primarily for the tuner / designers. I have seen it used primarily to drive the 5th injectors. Although it has much more capabilities.

Unfortunately, the draw back is you must have the software to program it. This program is available only to certain high volume Greddy tuners.