Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Dual Chamber CAI????

Old 01-28-2003, 09:44 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Dual Chamber CAI????

http://www.aempower.com/induction.htm

Has anyone seen this? What are your thoughts on it? Seems like a good principle, but I really don't see it adding much more power than a regular CAI.
Old 01-28-2003, 10:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I honestly think it's just another way to get people's money. The most I see that could come out of the new intakes is a different sound
Old 01-28-2003, 10:52 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Yeah, I saw that a few months ago. It DOES sound nice, but I don't really see how it works. I understand that sound waves move thru air and that maybe a certain frequency of the waves could move the air more efficently, but it sounds like black magic to me.

LOL

Guess the godly DYNO machine will have to tell.

My question, what's the price diff?

Not available for us yet.

Yet...
Old 01-28-2003, 10:56 AM

i thought it was BS until i realized that it comes with AEM stickers and a license plate frame. suicide
Old 01-28-2003, 01:10 PM

they work pretty good... ive heard of people gaining HP, and since even AEM is claiming HP over their intake... u cant go wrong.. ive heard one on a civic and u can definetly hear the differance... and the principle is sound... i mean Larger chamber= more volume, smaller = more velocity closer 2 the TB
Old 01-28-2003, 01:54 PM

FTW TapOut VA:
I honestly think it's just another way to get people's money. The most I see that could come out of the new intakes is a different sound
Yeah sounds like a buncha crap... if it does any difference then its probably extremely minimal..
Old 01-28-2003, 10:28 PM

Here's a question: What would AEM have to gain by handing people some BS about a new intake? They are a reputable company. It's not like they are selling Tornadoes...hehehe.

They've already given the best gains for our cars so far, why not give them the benefit of the doubt?
Old 01-29-2003, 12:11 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

In theory, it works. Heimholtz resonator design has been used for years, and is an established principle in automotive physics.

However, each new intake is going to have to be redesigned by AEM to have the pipe diameter change customized to each car's engine charastics. Each will also have to be customized to each intake's particular bends/available room in the engine bay.

This means that AEM or "whoever" is going to have to "go back to the drawing board" for EACH and EVERY model car that AEM makes an intake for.

Lastly, it is going to be VERY hard if not IMPOSSIBLE to make one for the MAF based engines like the Beta1, due to the inherent space/pipe diameters required to keep the MAF.