Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Drivers Side Drive Shaft Questions.

Old 03-09-2007, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all.

I'm trying to change my driver side drive shaft. The boot is torn up so i heared that it was easier to change the whole shaft than just change the boot.

Well i'm stuck right now, i cant get the the shaft out of the hub part. Or i really dont know what its called where the rotors go. There are two nuts that i have to take off from the tie rods, but they dont budge.

What can i do to take the shaft off?

Can anybody help me. I dont know if i made my self clear.

Should i say its the axle not the drive shaft?
Old 03-10-2007, 07:43 AM

so what im getting is that you can't get the hub off?
Old 03-10-2007, 09:46 AM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

QUOTE (Viper966 @ Mar 28 2005, 09:27 PM)
fyi to remove the axels u can just pull the two bolts that hold the strut to the spindle and than knock the axel back through the spindle and u can take it out without undoing the ball joint

QUOTE (Alex01tib @ May 13 2006, 12:41 PM)
Thanks but i called viper966 and told me to take the 2bolts off the strut tower and then remove the drive shaft, we did and it was tons easier. and we didnt have to mess with the tie rod

found jusyt by using the search tool bar. quit easy actually. lol btw these are in the diy for clutch replacement fing02.gif
Old 03-10-2007, 08:41 PM

Lol, thanks for the replays, i had searched but not that deap. Landshark16 helped me out in chat and i got this taken care of yesterday.

I changed the axel today morning and poured in Royal Purple. I love it now, shifts go in smoother and 1st gear is a lil longer now. I can really feal the difference with the new tranny oil.