Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Did I Just Mess Up Majorly? Beta 2 Injectors Fitting A Beta 1?

Old 08-23-2007, 01:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997/Hyundai/Tiburon RD1

I think I just messed up can someone let me know if I did. I was thinking I was getting a steal off ebay on some injectors but after searching though the site I'm thinking I made a mistake. Here is what I won off ebay for 88 dollars shipped. Can I use these or am I going to have to relist them on ebay??

Kspec Injectors
Old 08-23-2007, 01:39 PM

Vehicle: car

I believe you can use those injectors. I don't think the beta2 fuel rail is changed, and injectors should fit either way. I'd keep them, what size are our stocks, like 220 or 240cc?
Old 08-23-2007, 01:46 PM

Not sure about our stock size, I'm guessing 220cc? I'm sure someone else will post and give an answer on that one too. I'm really really hoping that the injectors will fit.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:40 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

depend on how your using them?
extra rail or stock rail location?
those inejector are a bit larger (stock = 250cc thsoe are 290's)
those injectors are about 1/2" shorter then stock beta1 injectors so the fuel rail will need to be modified so it sits closer to the inejctors
Old 08-24-2007, 12:07 AM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

yah theres not too much sense in going with 290cc injectors, not getting too much more out of them at all, and if your replacing the primaries all the fuel trimming would make it even more not worth it.

why'd you get injectors? are you boosted?
Old 08-24-2007, 08:22 AM

Damn two more posts and it's looking not so good for me. I was looking through ebay and I thought I caught a deal and only had twenty minutes to figure out if I was going to bid on them or not. I was only looking for replace the stockers and also use the same stock fuel rail.

As for being boosted not yet, might not ever I don't know we'll see I guess. Right now the cars my daily driver but just wanted to do some preventive maint. I sometimes just replace parts for new ones when I have extra cash and hope to not run into any trouble down the road. Next up is an ignition coil, I think mine is cracked.

Reason I'm thinking its cracked is because every time the car gets wet in the rain or I wash it if water gets under the hood the car seems to run like poop all sputtering and wanting to die out. I'm just taking guesses but more than a few people told me it was the ignition coil. Figure thats not to much to replace a new one.

So guys what am I looking at here about the injectors, I can't use them at all without modification and so in turn should just go back and relist them on ebay??
Just was looking for more of a pop in pop out deal no mods this time due to me having to daily drive the car and all the damn rain here in IL.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:28 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: x3 accent gk tiburon santa fe

sell them here or on e-bay,it makes sence to use larger injectors on a stock engine

for your problem, i would def. look toward the ignition coils and spark plug wires
Old 08-24-2007, 11:11 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon Fx

As for your problem...

My guess would be not the coil, but actually your wires. The water would assist arcing (current jumping from one wire to the other) which could cause the problems you listed. So before you replace your coil, replace your wires:

One of the best wires with lifetime warranty: PRD Wires

What makes a good wires? Low resistance, lower resistance = less energy absorbed = larger spark = more gas ignited = more fuel efficient & wee bit more power.

Even if it wasn't your wires and you have to replace your coil anyways, you'll still be getting a worthwhile upgrade!
Old 08-26-2007, 01:08 PM

Thanks for all the replies.

I guess my best bet is to just try to sell them on here and see if something happens if not I'll just re-list them on ebay.

Since Kspec sells them NEW for $199 w/ shipping and handling and I also have them all NEW original packaging and such I'll sell them discounted here since its a great community at $165.00 w/shipping included.

I'll list them here first for two or three more days then make an actual classified ad in the other section.

-----------

On a side note for those who replied to the ignition situation, I found my older but probably better ignition coil from my other engine. I'll swap those out and see if that helps.

As for the wires, I already run PRD and their great wires. Been using them for a little over a year now so time for replacement. Just another small thing I have to add to the long list of tune up stuff I have to do. IL weather has been killing me this summer every time I go to work on the car its raining.

Anyway thanks again everyone and if you know anyone who needs a set of injectors pass the word please.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:31 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

Don't mean to be rude, but you're selling them here "discounted cause its a great community" at twice the price you just said you paid for them?