Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Decided to do a heart transplant

Old 10-18-2015, 06:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Cobalt Blue Tib
Default Decided to do a heart transplant

My car has 192,000 miles on it. The body is in A+ condition with no rust, dents, or scratches anywhere on it. The interior is still in great shape but the front seats were worn out so I replaced them a set of black Corbeau seats. The transmission is excellent with a new stage 3 clutch I put in about 20,000 miles ago but I can feel the engines age catching up with it and it has lost it's pep over the years. Went to a junk yard with a friend a few days ago and they had a 2000 tiburon sitting there with 52,000 original miles. The rear end was destroyed and it was totaled but the engine was perfect. I even was able to get keys and fire it up. No knocks and it sounded real strong. The manager of the yard offered me the engine for $600 but I have to come pull it. My friend who I went to the yard with is currently in the process of doing an engine swap in his Civic and said he would help pull the engine from the totaled Tib, pull the old engine out of my Tib and install everything.

I have the money that's burning a hole in my wallet so we're going back later this week to pull everything and my car will go under the knife in 2 weeks for it's new transplant. I love my car and it still looks great. With the new engine, it'll last the same amount of miles again. I cant wait to see how great the car drives with the new(ish) engine in it.
Old 10-18-2015, 09:38 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Napoleon Dynamite says: "lucky!"

Here's hoping it all works as well as it should.
Old 10-19-2015, 01:08 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

You may be better off using it as a temporary motor while you slowly rebuild the original so you can keep all numbers matching. Some don't care about that, but I kinda do on a "keeper car".