Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Custom Exhaust for 2003GT V6

Old 08-04-2002, 06:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom Exhaust for 2003GT V6

Hey guys/gals,

I have a 2003 GTV6 and I’m thinking about doing a custom cat back exhaust. I just wanted to get your opinions to help me achieve what I’m looking for.
Well my main concern would be the sound. I am looking for a LOUD/DEEP tone. Being that our Tib GT’s are pimping the V6 I pretty confident I can throw anything on there and it will still not sound like a civic . Next should I go with 2.25” pipe or 2.5”? I’m still going to stick with single pipe splitting to the duals so keep that in mind.

I was actually thinking of using A’PEXi N1 mufflers in my setup with 2.25” pipe. I just wanted to check with you guys first. I know there are a lot of T-SR members out there that are more knowledgeable than me on this subject. Any information you guys can provide will greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,
Börg

PS – JUST REMEMBER I’M LOOKING TO GO LOUD. THANKS AGAIN.
tongue.gif tongue.gif
Old 08-05-2002, 06:58 AM

guys i really need your help with this one... someone out there i know you can help me.

thanks in advance,
Börg
Old 08-05-2002, 07:34 AM

Vehicle: 1997 accent L

open pipes, or only glasspacks and you'll be nice and loud.

I like dynomax... www.dynomax.com
Old 08-05-2002, 07:38 AM

Börg:

I was actually thinking of using A’PEXi N1 mufflers in my setup with 2.25” pipe. tongue.gif tongue.gif
I am not very familiar with the setup on the 2003 Tibs. But I think the N1 mufflers with a straight (no resonator) 2.5 inch would do the trick.
Old 08-05-2002, 07:51 AM
Red

Go for the 2.5 inch pipes. Even on a mildly tweaked 2.0L BETA the bigger pipes work better and don't detract much.

Run the 2.5 inch pipes, install a single 18-inch perf-core glasspack, run the Y-split right there after the rear crossbeam and a pair of your favorite flavor straight-through mufflers. I doubt name brand is gonna mean much there.

The glasspack will keep it quiet, keep the tone very low and still allow it to be pretty throaty when you get on the gas. Been there, done this, love it