Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

A Couple Of Questions

Old 02-09-2007, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a couple of questions regarding some power upgrades for my tib. i was wondering whats the performance difference between underdrive and over drive pulleys. i also heard that i shouldnt even get pulleys in my car because i have a stereo system in it i was wondering if that was true also.

one more question why do people put 1.8 cams in the 2.0? it just doesnt make sense to me. so if someone could answer my questions i would greatly appreciate it.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:58 PM

your probobly gonna get yelled at to search but im not gonna do it tongue.gif

Anyway i dont have the awnser for your first question, because i dont have underdrive pulleys, and i didnt even know folks MADE overdrive pulleys lol. Makes since for a big stereo maybe having an over sized pulley tho......

but yeah. The 2nd question has been awnsered before in greater detail. but basicly the 1.8 INTAKE cam has a more agressive grind then the 2.0. The exhaust are exactly the same. If you wanted to search youd probobly find a much more indepth post on them.
Old 02-09-2007, 04:43 PM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon SE

Welcome to the site, search would pretty much answer all those questions greatly fing02.gif

but underdrive pulleys, those waterpump and ps pulley are the same size as oem, only lighter, and the overdrive is the crank pulley which is smaller usually and quite abit lighter, sorta frees up the power you have, makes it rev abit quicker i think,

as for the stereo, i've heard both sides without a definite answer, wondered it myself cause i've read that i shouldnt get it cause my headlights and all might dim at idle and then others said they have large systems and no problems what so ever

and then cam, just search 1.8 cam and you'll find a million posts
Old 02-09-2007, 04:47 PM

as for your stereo system, just buy a capacitor, then it'll be all power at that crank pulley. I've had lightened pulleys for a few months now, and i have a semi-big stereo system, bought the capacitor, car has run great ever since.