Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

compression

Old 05-07-2001, 01:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I know how many questions everyone has about turbo charging and fuel flow and effective compression and detonation. I know cause i havethem too. As far as effective compression under boost here is the formula

((boost/14.7)+1) X motor compression- effective compression

so on my 1.8 running 10lbs of boost looks something like this

((10lbs/14.7)+1) X about 10:1= 16.8:1 effectice compression. These figures are rough ides. But the formula is correct.

As far is detonation you have to get some type of audioable siren or something to let you know when your detonationg. Or a light of some sort. Its also a good idea to get a exhaust temp senor w/gauge to let you know how well your burning your fuel. Hotter temp= leaner mixture or incorrect timing.

As far as fuel so far I am running a Buick Grand National XP fuel pump. @50lbs of fuel pressure and @ 15 volts it flows 64.8 GPH All i had to do was cut the two wires that feed it and spslice the GN fuel pump plug and crimp it on. I also had to Zip tie the pump to the sending unit. But its in and works great. Now I need fuel injectors. And according to RC fuel injection I am going to need around a 55-65 LB/hr injectors with a high resistance reading to get the horsepower
i am shooting for. Also I picked up a RX7 TurboII intercooler that i am going to use so my crooked H is going to get a Scoop!
Well I hope I helped some and I can use any info that anyone has about anything. Thanks Later
Old 05-07-2001, 05:22 AM

You must pick an intercooler if you are already turboed, this will allow you higher boost before detonation by reducing intake temp.! Remember wrapping, by know everybody must be fed up with my wrapping suggestion but it is inexpensive, easy to install and helps quite a bit. Do both intake and exhaust. smile.gif
Old 05-07-2001, 07:08 AM

yeah i got my spearco FMIC already and im about to send it off to Onpol tomorrow. i was talking to him last night and he told me that i have higher compression being that im a 1.8 and he is a 2.0. well anyways. the boost project continues....

yo crooked H hows your project going?
Old 05-08-2001, 12:13 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Actually you have lower compression.

The 1.8 L has a 10:1 compression ratio
the 2.0 L has a 10.3:1 compression ratio.
Old 05-08-2001, 11:33 AM

Originally posted by toneboogiey2k:
yeah i got my spearco FMIC already and im about to send it off to Onpol tomorrow. i was talking to him last night and he told me that i have higher compression being that im a 1.8 and he is a 2.0. well anyways. the boost project continues....

yo crooked H hows your project going?

Well so far I have got a fuel pump off a Buick Grand National, its the XP fuel pump. it flows aboy 64gph @15volts and at 50 PSI of fuel pressure. I am working on wither running 50-60lb/hr injectors and if the ECU cannot compensate for the high boost then i am planning on building a EEPC (Electronic Engine Performance Controller) Its a funny way of using MAF readings to turn on extra injectors. I am still waiting for the guy to finish building my Turbo manifold. I have a question. How much a turbo manifold already made cost? I have dumped 160 bucks already at this guy and have waited 2 months now for him to finish it. HEEELLLLPP i can use any from anyone. Thanks Later.