Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Completely stumped and I'm desperate for help

Old 03-02-2014, 01:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 99/ Hyundai /accent

Anyways I got the car to somewhat start.changed the position of how I had the feed line and fuel begin to flow through the rail with ease.

So the car was cranking great no issue at all the whole time until I got it to somewhat start a couple times.

Now while cranking the car it's harder to crank and it almost has a bad grinding noise and the car isn't staring.

Kinda like crank crank crank stop then I try again then the same thing. Not sure what it is but it sounds pretty bad I been watching for videos and searching for people that have had something like this but no luck
Old 03-02-2014, 11:37 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Put the battery on a charger, it may not have enough juice after repeated starting attempts.

Also, for strange noises post a sound clip if you can.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:05 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Yeah, I'd say the battery is low.

You should also get a.fuel.pressure gauge, but I can tell you that it does sound like you may have a faulty fuel pump or possibly a block in the fuel line. I've had two experiences where I had to disconnect fuel lines and check for fuel coming from the lines and let me tell you, you would fill up a cup quickly!

I wouldn't tackle the fuel pump just yet though, why dont you change the fuel filter. It may be clogged and if you havent changed it in a while, its probably a good thing to do.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:20 AM

Arrow

so i fixed the car and it was due to the feed line being pinched.

so i fixed that the car is runs now starts with ease.

had the car idling for maybe 15 min. and turned it off then turned it back on car still was running good. so then i turned it off turned it on again and then the car started to idle low around 700 800 and the motor was shaking alot. almost seems like if every cylinder has a random misfire. and when i tap the throttle, the car responds slow and barely wants to rev up. so i kept looking for things didnt notice anything going on that wasnt normal so i tuned it of then came back later turned it on and the coil pack started to basically melt its self on the corner by the number 4 plug.

idk if the coil is just back or what but im not trying to sit here and be a parts replacer i wana diagnose the problem and find the solution.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Well you start by replacing the failed coil pack and then check all the plugs and wires. Better yet, if you don't know when they were last replaced, replace the plugs and wires. Then let it run for a while and see what happens.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:03 PM

Alright will do