Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Complete Loss Of Power ?!?!

Old 12-03-2007, 03:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright heres a little background, on the car,2.0 133k miles oil changes done every 3k with castrol syntec or mobil 1. I recently had clutch and flywheel changed. I started developing a complete and utter loss of power, my revs will not budge. This normally happens when the car is cold and im trying to bring it to the classroom so I can get some work done. Their is a hill leading up to are automotive building and when i get to it and the car is cold she will crap herself. Gas pedal can be completly to the floor revs will stick at 1k or so. I can normally get her up the hill by slipping the clutch in and out. Please someone tell me they've had this problem and know how to make it stop. The problem seems to clear up as soon as the car is warmed up and its been run a bit. Intermittent problem FTL. Their is no CEL 02.gif
Old 12-03-2007, 04:16 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Could be a number of things 02.gif .. You don't have a check engine light?

Check:
is your throttle position sensor a Dae sung or Kiefco?- If it is dae sung, you may need it replaced.
vacuum leaks-listen for them if you hear them fix them
fuel quality- don't be using no 85 octane
spark plug tightness and gap-hand tight +1/2 turn. gap is written on the dataplate on the front of the engine bay.
plug wire resistance- should be less then 10,000 ohms per foot
fuel filter- 50,000 mile
dirty maf- clean the MAF with MAF cleaner only.
IAC fell out or is reading wrong values- replace IAC, or verify with obd-ii

Maybe
-fuel pressure regulator
-dirty fuel injectors
-fuel pump

It only gets worse from there, but check the first few things. They should lead you in the right direction.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

kiefco tps, I dont have any vac leaks that I can really tell but im 100% sure I have some in the evap system. FPR has a new line, IACV has a new line, MAF might need cleaning, I had a IAT code because the wires had broke and extended the wires re-routed them and the code is gone I believe its reading correctly now.