Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Cold Air intake

Old 02-12-2005, 08:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000
Default Cold Air intake

I have a 97 2.0 tib fx and am confused on cold air intakes. I have found a couple of places that say I can put a cold air intake on a automatic and another place I checked said the tranny was in the way. Any one know about any thing on this?
Old 02-12-2005, 09:09 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I'm 99% sure you can get an AEM to fit, but you'll have to finagle it.

UNLESS you have a Rev A, and with a 1997 2.0, you might.

Do some searching thru the forums.
Old 02-12-2005, 09:15 AM

I had not even thought about revA... I was just going to leave this question for people who had gotten a cold air intake in around the auto..
Old 02-12-2005, 10:02 AM

i got a cold air around my transmission...the only problem i have/had was the battery positioning plate was scraping the side of the intake. Other than that no problem with the intake and transmission.
Old 02-12-2005, 10:04 AM

^^ Same.. I have an AEM w/ 2.0 and the tranny isnt a problem.. I had a problem w/ my negative cable grounding out on my air intake and frying it (it moved after a little bit of driving and my neg doesnt have a cable cover!)..

Rev A. I dunno about though..
Old 02-12-2005, 10:14 AM

tomorrow i am going to make my own CAI though, for something to do.
Old 02-12-2005, 10:24 AM

Be sure to post up pics Slo... we want to see.. personally, I can think of better things to do when I am bored though.
Old 02-12-2005, 10:25 AM

well, i work on vehicles all day..and there is nothing else to do in this area till the late PM time.
Old 02-12-2005, 10:58 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

My battery support scraps my intake tubing as well, I have a stick....
Sucks because there's a gash in my intake where it rubs but you can't see it and it doesn't affect performance so I have no problems.

Post pics when your done. Get a K&N filter....and if you have trouble with the EVAP cannister location (which is located where you want the air filter to go and gets in the way) then hit me up on e-mail pganpath@mac.com You car may not even have it in that location but figured I'd warn ya anyways.

And make a Cold Air Intake please, I'm sure you know what you're doing.....I just don't wanna see pics of a 6inch tube coming of of the elbow joint with a air filter sitting on the end......hope it solves your boredom.
Old 02-12-2005, 12:57 PM

QUOTE (Patreezy)

Post pics when your done. Get a K&N filter....and if you have trouble with the EVAP cannister location (which is located where you want the air filter to go and gets in the way) then hit me up on e-mail pganpath@mac.com You car may not even have it in that location but figured I'd warn ya anyways.

And make a Cold Air Intake please, I'm sure you know what you're doing.....I just don't wanna see pics of a 6inch tube coming of of the elbow joint with a air filter sitting on the end......hope it solves your boredom.

I have an ebay one on there right now, too cheap to go ahead and buy an AEM one. I will go with a K&N filter due to it paying for itself in time. I hate the RAM intakes so it will be the full CAI. No doubt about that. I will have it done within the week. Boss just called and asked me to work tomorrow...OVERTIME!