Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Codes- p0133 and p0244 help please?

Old 04-05-2013, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 hyaundi elantra
Default Codes- p0133 and p0244 help please?

Ok so I had a pretty bad misfire on my 01 elantra, I checked the plugs and they were all burning hot. The plugs were white on the ends. So I replaced the wires, and plugs. No success, I then figured it was probably the coil pack considering It has 134,000 on it. I replaced it and it was a major help. Now I have a small misfire that only happens occasionally. I hooked the computer to it and got these codes. p0133 and p0244, that is the only two codes it shows, and I think they are exhaust or catalyctic converter related. The top converter that goes into the intake I had to gut it because it stopped up. Then the back converter stopped up shortly after that so I just cut it off and put a piece of flex pipe to replace it. I couldn't afford the converters to put back so that was my only option lol. So does anyone know where the miss is coming from?

Thank you,
Old 04-05-2013, 03:58 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

the p0244 code is def wrong, thats for a wastegate for a turbocharged vehicle

the other code is for an o2 sensor and is more than likely your issue

check the wiring goin to the o2 sensor, if it looks fine and based on your mileage anyways, id replace the sensor and check to see if the miss goes away
Old 04-05-2013, 04:11 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Accent

Both codes are more then likely right. Even tho the car don't have a turbo engine. Different Outputs ect The OEM ECU still have the abilities. mostly Because its cheaper to mass produce.

Atm my scanner found 3 Codes for No Secondary O2 Sensor . Codes just guide line arent they tbh.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

A turbocharger fault would be very odd indeed. The O2 code could explain your failed (hot) plugs. If it runs lean, it runs hot. If it runs lean/hot enough to melt the cat, that's a bad problem.

A catalytic converter should *never* fail in normal service on a well-running engine. I would suspect the O2 sensor or wiring first.

Are you sure it's not P0444 (EVAP system related) or P2243 (which is also O2 sensor related)?

You may be aware but in case you are not:

Use (only) Internet Explorer

Go to www.hyundaitechinfo.com

Get a free login

All the manuals (service, owners, electrical) plus some troubleshooting and specifications. From Hyundai. Free.

For instance, there is information to do with P0133 in

DTC

2001>G 2.0 DOHC > Engine > Engine Control > P0133 O2-Sensor Circuit Slow Response (Bank 1 / Sensor 1)
Old 04-05-2013, 06:32 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Accent

Originally Posted by Stocker
You may be aware but in case you are not:

Use (only) Internet Explorer

Go to www.hyundaitechinfo.com

You can install svg viewer and go to .exe and change to xp compatible mode and use firefox if wanted. but i.e is more stable and better.

Seems work okish for me