Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Clutch/tranny Issue

Old 09-16-2008, 09:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

f***in got that b**** back together and now i cant get the clutch pedal to go all the way down. if i take the slave off and mess with it i can get the pedal to go to the floor and start the car, everything is fine when its started..

BUT i still cant put the clutch pedal to the floor. i didnt bleed the clutch line so i know its just the same as before.

only thing i can think of is that the guy wasnt 100% on the TOB he gave me. but i can only imagine that if i can sometimes get the car started that it must fit in the space on the PP. otherwise the lever wouldnt be able to move at all if it was too big, and if it was too small then it would allways move all the way but never actually connect with the PP.

anyone got a clue?? i would hate to take the tranny back off but i do want my car back on the road this week. its allready been a whole weekend i've been f***in with the clutch.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:06 AM

Vehicle: 2006 Pontiac GTO

Well while you're messing with it, to start the car you can press the switch under the clutch pedal with your finger..
Old 09-16-2008, 01:51 PM

thanx that will probably help out alot
Old 09-16-2008, 02:13 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

sounds like you need to bleed your clutch-...
Old 09-16-2008, 03:14 PM

yea but i never did anything to need to bleed it. i just unbolted it and bolted it back on... its worth a try so i'm going to try but i'm leaning toward it being the wrong TOB or possibly it sliped off the fork??
Old 09-16-2008, 08:23 PM

It probably slipped off the fork. It did that to me when I replaced my clutch. I could maybe push the clutch pedal a little over half way down. I know how you feel it sucks when you have to take the tranny out a second time. tongue.gif Also you will probably need to bleed the slave cylinder as said above (try this before taking the tranny out again lol).
Old 09-16-2008, 09:00 PM

^^arrgg thats that i was thinking mad.gif

guess i'll bleed slave tommarow and do that slave cyl mod. but i dont think thats whats going on. most likely i'm going to have to pull it back off, try to get the TOB off the PP and do it all over again.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Note: when you go to do the slave cylinder valve/spring removal mod, remove the banjo nut while the slave cylinder is still mounted to the transaxle and do not

I repeat

do NOT point the open end of the slave cylinder at yourself, and press the piston into the cylinder, to get the valve/spring part out.

When you get the transaxle loose, slide it out maybe 3 inches and see if you can get a hand in there to straighten the TOB. Then give it a poke back to the engine, gently. If it won't go, you may need to turn the input shaft a hair to align the splines. Then put the 2 big top bolts on and maybe a couple on the bottom, and verify proper disengagement before buttoning everything up.