Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Clutch Squeaks When Depressed

Old 06-07-2010, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

clutch still squeaks when depress. it is a fairly new act racing clutch never squaked before but now it is back. started last summer and i put a new top busing in(bushing that u can reach from under the hood and i also lubricated the clutch pedal etc.) and the squeak is back. is it maybe the master or slave cylinders? where is each located, which cylinder is under the hoood about where the intake is? Help me out i want to stop the annoying squeak

matt
Old 06-08-2010, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

The release fork top bushing has a TSB about squeaking . . . try greasing it.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:56 PM
DTN

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

The release fork top bushing is the easy one. You can pull it out in about 3 minutes even with the car running and replace it. You can get to it by removing the pin holding the shift cable to the lever, then removing the nut on top of the lever, then remove the lever and replace the bushing by pulling it out and putting in the new one.

The lower one is where the problem is. Might be able to get a really long q-tip down there... It's always a good idea to replace the bushings when you replace the clutch.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:57 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

^+1 but some of us don't go through clutches very fast!